The Pogues

Started by balladmaker, December 01, 2009, 10:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

Ahead of their Belfast gig tomorrow night, I hope Fairytale of New York gets a better airing than this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESS1lbtiAT0

randomtask

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Very funny.  :D

Katie Melua sounding like Lily Allen or Bianca, good pisstake.
Tbc....

A Quinn Martin Production

"It was Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank"

As Simon Cowell would say "that performance was relevant"
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

stpauls

walked past St. George's Market last night on the way home from work, they were setting up and doing a sound check. sounded pretty good from what i heard!

balladmaker

Top show from The Pogues tonight, Shane MacGowan was in great form.

Shamrock Shore

Was Young Chevron involved Balladmaker?

He seems to have made a good recovery for the Big C I believe. He said on another forum he'll be at Horslips later today (famously he did an interview on an auld cassette recorder with them in Captain Americas in Dublin in 1973) as he is a massive fan and indeed sat in on the rcording of Horslips final studio album (part i) in 1979.

Haven't heard FTONY yet on radio. He told said forum one time what that song does to his bank account each year. An amount not to be sneezed at and fair fecks to them. Best Chrismas song EVER.

haranguerer

aye, pogues excellent tonight, shane in good form, crowd in good form too. cant wait til next yr!

balladmaker

QuoteWas Young Chevron involved Balladmaker?

He seems to have made a good recovery for the Big C I believe. He said on another forum he'll be at Horslips later today (famously he did an interview on an auld cassette recorder with them in Captain Americas in Dublin in 1973) as he is a massive fan and indeed sat in on the rcording of Horslips final studio album (part i) in 1979.

Haven't heard FTONY yet on radio. He told said forum one time what that song does to his bank account each year. An amount not to be sneezed at and fair fecks to them. Best Chrismas song EVER.

Aye, Phil Chevron was there and appeared to be in good form as well.  As he said himself...It's great to be here, it's great to be anywhere at this stage.

I read that Fairytale of New York lands Shane MacGowan in the region of 40 to 50 grand each year when the royalties are dished out.  That covers all his songs, but no doubt, FTONY is the main provider.