Maurice Fitgerald

Started by corcaioch, December 01, 2009, 09:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corcaioch

Mid Down Gael

An absolute legend and a joy to watch this genius of a man.

Croí na hÉireann

2 great feet, enough said...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

No way ref

John Egan is the best Kerry forward i've ever seen

Lar Naparka

Fitz was one of the very best I have ever seen.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

screenexile

Anyone who can kick frees off the ground with either foot is the best Forward of all time in my book... the man was exceptional, stylish and extremely modest with it he's without doubt the best I have ever seen!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Lar Naparka on December 02, 2009, 03:07:57 PM
Fitz was one of the very best I have ever seen.

Dee best I have ever seen
#newbridgeornowhere

redhugh

A beautifully stylish player,the best kicker of a ball I've ever seen in the flesh.So good he made it look easy.

The Konica

Quote from: screenexile on December 02, 2009, 03:12:37 PM
Anyone who can kick frees off the ground with either foot is the best Forward of all time in my book... the man was exceptional, stylish and extremely modest with it he's without doubt the best I have ever seen!

Gregory McCartan did also I think?

Maiden1

Quote from: The Konica on December 02, 2009, 03:51:38 PM

Gregory McCartan did also I think?

Canavan took a few frees with his left foot as well.  Not sure about of the ground though.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

tyssam5

Quality, but maybe could have used a wee bit of 'badness/competitiveness' in him.

No way ref

Its incredible to think that because a man can kick frees off the ground with either foot that some people think that makes him the best forward of all time. What about winning your own ball, pace, bravery and being a leader along with two great feet.
How many top class defenders would rate Fitz as their most difficult opponent? Not many would be my guess     

INDIANA

Quote from: tyssam5 on December 02, 2009, 06:25:13 PM
Quality, but maybe could have used a wee bit of 'badness/competitiveness' in him.

Stylists like matt connor and Fitz don;t need it. Fitz like Matt Connor was so good- words don't do either of them justice.

Sandino

Sorry lads but in my opinion, Peter and Matt great Fitz very good!
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: INDIANA on December 02, 2009, 10:20:38 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on December 02, 2009, 06:25:13 PM

Stylists like matt connor and Fitz don;t need it.

Sorry Indiana, but would respectfully disagree there. You can have all style in the world, but if you don't have either of the work ethic or the team ethic you're of limited value. For example, would a fit Canavan ever have been left on the bench like a fit Fitzgerald was?

That's not to say, of course, that Fitzgerald wasn't a sublimely skilled footballer, but that alone is not enough, especially today.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...