How much do you make or lose from gambling each year?

Started by Caid, December 01, 2009, 08:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGreatRambo

Quote from: stiffler on December 01, 2009, 11:04:55 PM
You can check your poker profit with sharkscope, does anyone know any similar websites for bookies? would be interesting to see them all at once, over a period of a year or so

Would be impossible I'd have thought, the poker tournaments are in the public domain meaning that anyone can watch them simply by being on the site at the time. Ur bookies acccount however is between you and the bookie, a bit like ur bank account is between u and the bank

rossie mad

had my first bet when i was 17 with 3 pound on a 12/1 nag one day and it won from there i was hooked.

That was over ten years ago and since then i have been gambling on a regular basis (apart from my stint in the Middle East where its totally banned).
I didnt really start to get into it until about 6 years ago when i started to realise that horses could have form,weight differences,in form jockies and trainers and other factors included with them running a good race.
I use to spend hours every day in a bookies as i went farming after college and was probably making a small fortune of a loss.
When i met the woman kind of lost interest but got it back when a couple of my good mates started gambling on football and were constantly texting each other and ringing each other with dead certs.
We got big into it with 500 or 1000 euro bets on the likes of man u aresnal celtic or rangers at home in doubles and trebles with odds ranging from 4/6 to 15/8.
Had a good run with this for about a year with a few hiccups.
Got stung badly for three weeks in a row ended up losing 2500 in one month around the beginning of last year and decided to end that fast.
My last fooball bet was 300 on liverpool last november i think at home to west ham they were 4/7 and they drew 0-0.
I switched to rugby handicaps since and i firmly believe these a real moneyspinner and with the betting in running a man can recoup any losses and maybe even winning both bets if the result turns out the right way.
I now spend three to four hours usually evey saturday betting on horses with a limit of 150 if that goes i leave.For instance i lost it all lost saturday but the wednesday night before in dundalk i was up 350 so my profit for the week was 200.
I roughly gamble once maybe twice a week with a pot of around 150-200.
I genereally have made a profit in the last 3-4 years bar last year which was a complete washout.
I have an account with paddypower with a 50 euro monthly limit and a betfair account with a 75 euro monthly loss limit.
I like gambling and i know i can do without it but my outlike on life is enjoy it while you can.

Orior

My neighbours son me he did a spread bet last weekend.

I felt sorry for the lad, as he is only about 9 or 10.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Clown

i kept a diary last year around this time when i was out of work, it read something like -

november +£38
december +£52
january -£72
february -£67

after that i said feck this and stopped recording my bets  :D

tyrone girl

I wouldnt even want to think about how much im down  :o :o

Lecale2

I just checked my account after reading the title. I was dreading the final total but Im down a lot less than I expected for 2009.

Capt Pat

How much does Paddy Power make from gambling each year.

tyrone girl

Id cry to next christmas if i sat going through my pp account  :'( :'( :'(

Typical gambler i am thinking il get a biggie to clear all  :-\ In my dreams

rossie mad

I put a limit on my pp account at the beginning of the year and im delighted i did.
Gets rid of the temptation to place a bet willy nilly during the week and i just use it now just for emergencies.

Opened a betfair account two months ago and my loss so far is 145 euro hope to turn that around in the next two weeks.

Paddypower is creaming up profits at the moment and is looking to breal into the lucrative french market.

For all the gamblers on the board do you ever bet on the virtual horses in a bookies eg portman park,steepledowns?

If so have you any systems or is it a shot in the dark.

I love these races by the way

boojangles

Quote from: rossie mad on December 02, 2009, 05:24:01 PM
For all the gamblers on the board do you ever bet on the virtual horses in a bookies eg portman park,steepledowns?

I never back on these cartoons but my mate reckons if you ever see a horse with the same odds as its number to back it. I have seen it come in a few times in fairness. Usually at 12-1 or 14-1.

stiffler

Quote from: boojangles on December 02, 2009, 05:43:36 PM

I never back on these cartoons but my mate reckons if you ever see a horse with the same odds as its number to back it. I have seen it come in a few times in fairness. Usually at 12-1 or 14-1.

Seems to be a higher than normal amount of winners of these races around 12/14s
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

TheGreatRambo

Jaysus lads not a bit of wonder ye never win if ye backing on them yokes..

I've heard all the systems - number 8 at 8/1 etc, back the one at broken odds (ie 9/2), the numbers of the first 2 horses in this race will give ya the number of the winner in the next :). They are a fixed odds game like a poker machine or roulette table and can't be beaten.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: stiffler on December 02, 2009, 06:15:09 PM
Quote from: boojangles on December 02, 2009, 05:43:36 PM

Seems to be a higher than normal amount of winners of these races around 12/14s

My mate in work gets 14-16/1 winners regular at Lucksin Downs in Ladbrokes. He never backs a horse with anyones name in it. He recons that the horses with names are backed more by people with a connection to the name and they win less often.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

rossie mad

I usually do the 20/1 to 33/1 shot in a big field with 16 plus runners and i get on ok with them.

Usually do two to three horses each way and tend to at least get my money back each time.

i was the talk of my local bookies few months back when i had a 5 e/w 66/1
cudnt believe my luck.it was just those one of the spur of the moment things i remember the name and all tysea sands no 2 in portman park come out of nowhere to hammer the field

Armagh Cúchulainns

doing alright this past while, prob up £120 last couple of months, but i am playing alot more now that im back in uni
Its all about the Hurling.