Sunday World boss gets a kicking

Started by longrunsthefox, November 25, 2009, 09:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

If he printed a picture of my Brother or Father hanging from a Bridge I'd do a hell of a lot more than what was done to him.He wouldn't be fit to talk about freedom of speech for a while thats for sure.
What about respect for the dead Jim? Indiscriminate me arse

longrunsthefox

Quote from: trileacman on November 25, 2009, 11:54:21 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 25, 2009, 11:31:42 PM
Quote from: trileacman on November 25, 2009, 11:28:11 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 25, 2009, 09:41:48 PM
FOXNEWS Latest...

"What does it say about the freedom of expression and the freedom of the Press?" Jim McDowell asked.

What does your plublication say about the lowering of society's standards and press sensationalism for financial gain?  ??? ???

You mean the Sunday World?... not FOXNEWS  :-\

As a company, either, but it was primarly directed at the Sunday World.

Forget it  :D

AbbeySider

Quote from: boojangles on November 26, 2009, 12:12:40 AM
If he printed a picture of my Brother or Father hanging from a Bridge I'd do a hell of a lot more than what was done to him.He wouldn't be fit to talk about freedom of speech for a while thats for sure.

That statement has cutting but I cant argue.

But, if he got a hiding from Dealers or a Criminal Gang then it is troubling.

boojangles

Quote from: AbbeySider on November 26, 2009, 10:03:01 AM

Agreed

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: boojangles on November 26, 2009, 11:23:06 AM

Agreed

Which it was, so it was pretty indiscriminate so less of the indiscriminate my arse. We're far too quick to tolerate violence.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Myles Na G.

A 60 year old man was assaulted at 5.00pm in a crowded market in in the heart of Belfast. Unless I've missed it, noone seems to have stepped in to stop the assault or help him and the thugs that did it wandered off nonchalantly. I find that deeply depressing.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Myles Na G. on November 26, 2009, 08:20:57 PM
A 60 year old man was assaulted at 5.00pm in a crowded market in in the heart of Belfast. Unless I've missed it, noone seems to have stepped in to stop the assault or help him and the thugs that did it wandered off nonchalantly. I find that deeply depressing.
Welcome to the 21st Century! That's fairly normal these days. There was a long heated debate on one of the threads months ago if you'd step into the fray or not. Some would but quite a lot wouldn't.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on November 26, 2009, 08:05:26 PM

Agreed

Which it was, so it was pretty indiscriminate so less of the indiscriminate my arse. We're far too quick to tolerate violence.

He was on his mate Stephen Nolan's Show this morning and said one of the attackers mentioned McDowell getting his brother caught by police... so wern't indiscrimate according to McDowell...  8)

boojangles

Agreed

How do you know who was behind this? Unless you know exactly the details, you cannot call it indiscriminate.While I wouldn't encourage an act like this,you will find that what goes around comes around.And in my book printing a picture like he did is far worse than handing out a bloody nose. So less of the less of the indiscriminate my arse ,thank you.

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

red hander

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: boojangles on November 26, 2009, 09:11:12 PM

Agreed

How do you know who was behind this? Unless you know exactly the details, you cannot call it indiscriminate.While I wouldn't encourage an act like this,you will find that what goes around comes around.And in my book printing a picture like he did is far worse than handing out a bloody nose. So less of the less of the indiscriminate my arse ,thank you.

Okay, it hasn't been proven in a court of law but it appears extremely likely that it was loyalist thugs. You are defending their motive and their attack based on something else entirely. You're being indiscriminate now that I think of it. :P
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

boojangles

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on November 26, 2009, 10:30:50 PM
Quote from: boojangles on November 26, 2009, 09:11:12 PM

Agreed

Okay, it hasn't been proven in a court of law but it appears extremely likely that it was loyalist thugs. You are defending their motive and their attack based on something else entirely. You're being indiscriminate now that I think of it. :P

Think your presuming a few things there.It could be Republican thugs maybe?
Where have I defended this attack and its motive?? Note the part where I mentioned I wouldn't encourage an act like that. I think your being indiscriminate now :P

Oldhacker

Some of the contributions here reflect very little credit on those concerned. It is reasonably well known that Jim McDowell was on leave and not personally  responsible for authorising the dreadful suicide picture on the front page of the Sunday World, but decided as editor to carry the can for the whole debacle. It goes without saying that the paper deserves all the criticism it has received. However, some people seem to think that walking up to McDowell in a public place, punching him from behind to the ground and then kicking him about the head is a reasonable response. Is this what we have come to ?