De Frosting meat

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 24, 2009, 04:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

The woman says to me this morning as she was leaving for work to take some steak out of the freezer before I left for work for the dinner tonight.
I of course forgot to do it ..
Now to save myself some earache tonight when she gets home I was wondering how safe would it be to throw the steaks into the microwave to de frost them?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Massey-135

handlin'. stick the microwave to the defrost function and if there's two of them i'd put it on for about 8 minutes.

maggie

She'll know you forgot.  ::)

personally, I never like to defrost meat/chicken in the microwave.

Caid

Stick them in the microwave - sure that's why you have it

She'll never know
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

pintsofguinness

I could give you steaks out of my fridge, I bought them but I dont know how to cook them.  ???
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

muppet

Quote from: maggie on November 24, 2009, 04:35:18 PM
She'll know you forgot.  ::)

Forget the steak, flowers & chocolate quickly.
MWWSI 2017

cornerback

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 24, 2009, 04:42:09 PM
I could give you steaks out of my fridge, I bought them but I dont know how to cook them.  ???

I love cooking steak,very easy
I hope you marinated them before you put them in the fridge?

Quote from: maggie on November 24, 2009, 04:35:18 PM

No me neither,why though?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rafa

Unless you cook them before she sees them she'll know because its very easy to tell when something has been defrosted in the microwave, they'll be luke warm and parts may have turned a darker colour. It is perfectly safe though if then cooked thoroughly afterwards.

I face the problem of forgetting to leave stuff out to defrost almost everyday.

pintsofguinness

You hope I what?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Rafa on November 24, 2009, 04:59:18 PM
Unless you cook them before she sees them she'll know because its very easy to tell when something has been defrosted in the microwave, they'll be luke warm and parts may have turned a darker colour. It is perfectly safe though if then cooked thoroughly afterwards.

I face the problem of forgetting to leave stuff out to defrost almost everyday.

So it won't take away from the taste? I have a fear it will turn them a bit rubbery(sp) ?
I do love my steak you see so I'd hate to ruin them..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tony Baloney

She'll know as the meat never looks the best but after a stint in a hot frying pan she'll be none the wiser. I have a feeling that cooking the steaks isn't part of your brief!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 24, 2009, 05:00:44 PM
You hope I what?

Marinated them or seasoned them...
I usually put them in a dish with some olive oil and then I put some salt and black pepper over them then stick them in the fridge.
I take them out the about 20mins before I cook them..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 24, 2009, 05:02:44 PM
She'll know as the meat never looks the best but after a stint in a hot frying pan she'll be none the wiser. I have a feeling that cooking the steaks isn't part of your brief!

I actually cook all the steak dinners..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

An Fear Rua

start them off on defrost in the microwave, but dont leave them too long or the edges will start cooking and you are caught.

Then put them in the oven on a really low heat, and that will speed up the defrost process, once they are no longer rigid leave them out on the side , the heat of the kitchen should finish the job.......
Its Grim up North