Official Monaghan GAA Thread

Started by GrandMasterFlash, February 02, 2007, 08:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebandit

Its a bit unfair that we are still waiting, its Thursday ffs!!

Mid Mon

Cremartin V'rs Rockcorry on Sunday is off. D Bishop on U21 panel

Mid Mon

This weekends fixtures, I assume this list excludes all teams with players on the U21 panel.

Credit Union Senior Football League - O. Ward Cup
Doohamlet  Ballybay  Doohamlet 18/03/2007 15:00

Harte Peat Intermediate Football League - V. Mc Aviney Cup
Sean McDermotts  Drumhowan  Sean McDermotts 18/03/2007 15:00   
Aghabog  Monaghan Harps  Aghabog 18/03/2007 15:00
Tyholland  Corduff  Corduff 21/03/2007 20:00  Under Floodlights

Gerrys Fresh Fruit & Veg Junior Football League - Dr. Ward Cup
Clones  Currin  Currin 17/03/2007 12:30
Blackhill  Oram  Blackhill 18/03/2007 15:00   
Killanny  Killeevan  Killanny 18/03/2007 15:00 
Aughnamullen  Toome  Aughnamullen 18/03/2007 15:00 TBC 

GrandMasterFlash

Think I'll head to the local derby of Currin v Clones, that should provide plenty of entertainment...

On a separate note, retrogaa.com are manufacturing jerseys and allow folk to get in touch with them with suggestions for jersies/tops. So, I could not let it go and suggested there should be a 'Nudie 85' jersey... Yer man got back to me fair ply to him but needs come pics as reference to design the said jersey. Any man know where I'd get such? I've recored 'Laochra Gael' featuring Nudie a few weeks back and could probably extract some stills from that but if any man knows where I could source pictures of the wee man let me know...

Thanks,
GMF.

The Bottom Brick

go to sportsfile.com, type in "eugene hughes" or "monaghan and 1985" et voila!

any ideas on the under 21s? hear monaghan are strong? I'm a big fan of James Ward, class act

Watch out for R Flanagan for cavan, and Liam Duignan - give the latter a sniff and he'll shoot from anywhere
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

GrandMasterFlash

Thanks for that TBB,
  Monaghan have a pretty strong side, few lads gettin their place on senior team and a few lads playing wtih UNI's. I've heard Cavan are a strong side alright (and always tend to be at underage). You forgot Mackey and Mulvey too, are them lads not playin? Should be a good game, jaysus there's too much sport on tomorrow, how's a man gonna get time to drink pints at all at all?

cavan4ever

Mulvey is overage and Mackey is playing poor this year.

charlie linkbox

Monaghan defeated Cavan 1-12 to 0-7 in Saturday's Ulster U21 Football Championship clash at Clones.
The sides were level at 0-4 to 0-4 at half-time but Monaghan then hit 1-6 without reply to take control.

Conor McManus hit Monaghan's goal which ended any prospects of Cavan progressing to the last four.

Cavan's bad day was completed with Ronan Flanagan was sent off in the closing stages after being handed a straight red card.

Well done to the U-21's; a good win. Was anyone at the game who would care to comment on the performance?

Also, best of luck to The Sem in the McRory Cup final. This title is long long overdue.

Mid Mon

Hard luck to the Sem.

Anyone with results of the weekend club games?

farniel

Weekending 18th March, 2007
Credit Union Senior Football League  -
O. Ward Cup:   
Doohamlet  0-4, Ballybay  0-8; 

Harte Peat Intermediate Football League  -
V. Mc Aviney Cup:
Sean McDermotts  1-12, Drumhowan  0-9; 
Aghabog  0-6, Monaghan Harps  3-8; 

Gerrys Fresh Fruit & Veg Junior Football League -
Dr. Ward Cup:   
Blackhill  1-3, Oram  0-7; 
Killanny  1-7, Killeevan  1-9; 
Aughnamullen v.  Toome  Off;
Clones  1-5, Currin  1-5; 

Reserve Football League Division 3 Mc Keown Cup:   
Corduff  0-9, Castleblayney  0-6; 

Good wins for the Harps, Ballybay, Seans and Killeevan. Anyone at the Clones/Currin derby?

GrandMasterFlash

I was, Currin started out well and definitely looked sharper out of the blocks than Clones (whom apparently had played no games challenge or other till then). Gerard and Philip O Callaghan were noticeably impressive with the former leading the Clones defense a merry dance at time. Half time score; Clones 0-3, Currin 1-05. Unfortunately that was it from a Currin scoring perspective not managing to split the post once in the second half. Clones puffed and panted but manage to draw level.. It should be pointed out that the conditions weren't great, I don't think I seen the ball bounce once!!

GrandMasterFlash

Any reports from London game lads? Only one more point needed now to secure Div2 spot next year, bring on Offaly...

thebandit

I was at the Toome v Fergal O'Hanlon's game yesterday, jesus that lad Ballantine can whack a ball!

Mid Mon

Mid Mon

A few rumors going round that there is a new jersey this year, anyone any info on it?