Peter McLoone - Is this guy for real?

Started by Tankie, November 23, 2009, 07:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankie

With this strike going ahead tomorrow does anyone else think that this lad has some neck?...he gets paid €155k per year + got €25k per year when he was chairman of FAS and he keeps talking about how its all rich peoples fault that it went wrong- I would have considered somebody earning €180k as doing well and as chairman of FAS he didnt even do his job and had to resign in the end but still blames everybody else for waste and high cost of business.

QuoteNationwide strike will cause hardship - IMPACT

The leader of one the country's largest public service unions has acknowledged that tomorrow's nationwide strike by up to 250,000 state employees will cause hardship to those who depend most on public services.

Tomorrow will see a virtual shutdown of public services around the country, with emergency cover only in a number of key services - particularly health and justice.

Almost all public offices and schools will be closed, while many outpatient and non-emergency health procedures will be cancelled.

IMPACT General Secretary Peter McLoone said the Government had forced them into a strike by failing to engage to negotiate a fair alternative to plans for a second huge pay cut within a less than a year.......
Grand Slam Saturday!

red hander

What about the other 249,999 employees, or should their grievances be ignored because of the perceived brass neck of one person?  We're all familiar with your anti-trade union opinions but you're beginning to sound like a Sun editorial

Farrandeelin

I haven't been paid one cent since September, for my job. I hope it's a nice amount when it comes.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 23, 2009, 07:55:25 PM
I haven't been paid one cent since September, for my job. I hope it's a nice amount when it comes.
What? why not?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 23, 2009, 08:00:58 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 23, 2009, 07:55:25 PM
What? why not?

Part time learning support resource teacher. I still don't agree with the strike tomorrow though. I only work for 7.5 hrs per week since I got the job. Dept say it's something to do with the paperwork been left lying around somewhere.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tankie

Quote from: red hander on November 23, 2009, 07:54:37 PM
What about the other 249,999 employees, or should their grievances be ignored because of the perceived brass neck of one person?  We're all familiar with your anti-trade union opinions but you're beginning to sound like a Sun editorial

i wasnt talking about the other civil service employees (even though i do think it is a joke that they are striking - pay cuts or lay offs - they gotta take one of the options)...I am talking about a man who sat on the board of FAS as chairman when they pissed millions away and never said a word tell everyone else that he or the civil service didnt casuse this and the rich should pay - I would consider this man to be rich with a salary of €180k and god only knows how much in expenses.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Rossfan

But sure isnt all the powers that be agreed that the rich people cant be asked to pay more tax.
Much better to go after those on the minimum wage and make them "share the pain" .
Lenihan or was it Cowan said last week that there are loads of workers paying no tax and that can't continue. He said it in a manner as if it was something he had just found out.
Yet for about 4 or 5 budgets before 2008 Cowan was telling us in his speech that he was taking anthter so many thousand workers out of the tax net to loyal roars of approval from the FFBuilder ranks in the Dáil.
By the Tankie I believe Mr McLoone gets €171,000 a year from his private sector job and IMPACT subs werent reduced when the members pay got reduced when they got hit with that so called pension levy
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tankie

Quote from: Rossfan on November 23, 2009, 08:44:31 PM
But sure isnt all the powers that be agreed that the rich people cant be asked to pay more tax.
Much better to go after those on the minimum wage and make them "share the pain" .
Lenihan or was it Cowan said last week that there are loads of workers paying no tax and that can't continue. He said it in a manner as if it was something he had just found out.
Yet for about 4 or 5 budgets before 2008 Cowan was telling us in his speech that he was taking anthter so many thousand workers out of the tax net to loyal roars of approval from the FFBuilder ranks in the Dáil.
By the Tankie I believe Mr McLoone gets €171,000 a year from his private sector job and IMPACT subs werent reduced when the members pay got reduced when they got hit with that so called pension levy

all those people should never have been taken out of the tax band anyway, it was crazy economics that this country was running...i love the idea of taxing the rich as much as anyone but every report says it wont bring in enough money so everyone needs to be taxed.

in regard to the pension levy i do feel that the government should have given people the option to opt out of their pension if they didnt want to pay the levy.....i wonder how many would have dropped their pension...
Grand Slam Saturday!

Rossfan

The "Pension" levy is nothing to do with pensions ...it's a method of saving the Exchequer some money and allowing the Unions to say there was no pay cut( to gross pay of course  ::)

Bacon

Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Tankie

Our man McLoone was asked about the 6k tail backs heading into Newry today and he said it had nothing to do with the public service...the man is a sham!!!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Rossfan

As far as I recall he didnt respond to the point at all but went on to refer to public service people working on flood relief.
Anyway Tankie how do you or I know what was the occupations, (and what percentage) of the eejits stuck in traffic jams.
And why can shops in Newry sell things for half the price of shops in Dundalk?

Silky

QuoteAnd why can shops in Newry sell things for half the price of shops in Dundalk?

Because taxes are higher in Dundalk to pay for the best paid public servants in Europe. That's why.

Tankie

Quote from: Rossfan on November 24, 2009, 07:23:43 PM
As far as I recall he didnt respond to the point at all but went on to refer to public service people working on flood relief.
Anyway Tankie how do you or I know what was the occupations, (and what percentage) of the eejits stuck in traffic jams.
And why can shops in Newry sell things for half the price of shops in Dundalk?

On TV3 he said it was not public servents but yes on RTE he just didnt answer the question.

In regard to Dubdalk - Well wages would be a starting point for the highe costs...followed by the high cost to do business to the councils having such high wages bills for its staff but then we havea higher tax..which is also paying a wage bill...
Grand Slam Saturday!

Gnevin

Also the Brits have decided to use quantitative easing to get out of recession thus their currency has collapsed against the Euro. Last July 1 euro= 80p . It's 90p now
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.