Val Falvey TD

Started by muppet, November 23, 2009, 04:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Anyone see this?

While I did laugh a few times I thought it was poor enough. O'Hanlon is the son of a long serving TD and you would think he had some quality stories for the writers.

Fianna Fáil ordered changes before it was broadcast so as to distance themselves from the programme and it would be a fantastic irony if because of that, they will be associated with it.
http://www.tribune.ie/news/home-news/article/2009/nov/22/rte-order-ensures-political-satire-doesnt-offend-f/
MWWSI 2017

ludermor

However, they were horrified by how similar Falvey's election posters were to official election posters used by Fianna Fáil candidates in June's local elections.

Id say that alright!

Shamrock Shore

Very disappointed with this.

Almost as bad as Kilnascully and that's saying something!

barelegs

With all the links to Father Ted, Ardal O'Hanlon and Arthur Matthews involved in bringing the program about, perhaps people expected too much.

One question that does need to be asked is, can RTE make the kind of cutting satire that can be made in Britain? Would Father Ted have been as good had it been made by RTE and not Channel 4? Can't see it oddly enough

ross4life

yep i watched it & it was awful,  >:(i think i may have smiled once while watching it?

Val falvey TD now proves to me of the Father Ted writers Graham Linehan and Arthur Mathews only Graham has the real talent, he has gone on with great shows, (I.T Crowd & Black Books) while is this the best Matthews can come up?

While Father Ted made O'Hanlon a Star this show could really finish his career!

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Real Laoislad

Load of crap didn't laugh once
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Farrandeelin

Didn't see it. Maybe it might improve...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ross4life

Here's the first ever episode of the IT Crowd http://www.funny-videos.co.uk/videotheitcrowdyesterdaysjam.html

every bit as good as father ted, if Graham linehan had worked on Val falvey TD it would have been so much better!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Gnevin

Just watching it now . Pure crap .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Gnevin on November 29, 2009, 07:40:07 PM
Just watching it now . Pure crap .

Agreed. If this is the best RTE can come up with, then its going to be painful viewing.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

T Fearon

Makes Leave it to Mrs O'Brien all those years ago look hilarious. The only sitcom RTE ever produced that was even remotely funny was Upwardly Mobile (plagiarised from the Beverley Hillbillies).