FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

Do you know what the best thing is about this result I dont have to read another Jack Grealish story on the RTE website lol (for now anyway)

Pub Bore

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 09, 2015, 11:44:39 AM
Do you know what the best thing is about this result I dont have to read another Jack Grealish story on the RTE website lol (for now anyway)

No loss...Grealish wouldn't get on that team! ;)

Pub Bore

Quote from: Bingo on October 09, 2015, 10:56:13 AM
Quote from: WT4E on October 09, 2015, 10:46:21 AM
Sorry lads haven't had time to read the thread or catch up on the footage from last night but was hoping someone could summarise what Dunpys points where before the game and then after the game. Thanks

Germany don't have a Wes Hoolahan and Wes is his love child.

Other than that he turned his negative comments against past performances and team selections where the management and team didn't have the courage to go after similar results.

He was delighted otherwise.

He also claimed the North's qualification saying it was a great night for Irish football!

theskull1

Quote from: Billys Boots on October 09, 2015, 11:05:22 AM
I'm involved in a football (soccer) club and have done a good bit of coaching over the past 10 years - I suppose I'd traditionally have been a GAA supporter but my kids preferred the world game, so that's what I got involved in.  We've a good relationship with the local GAA club; it wouldn't always have been so, but the dinosaurs seem to be disappearing into the woodwork (on both sides).  The clubs are drawing from the same pool of players, so if there's no co-operation, both clubs will suffer, and I think both clubs recognise this. 

One mans dinosaur is another mans stalwart who wants nothing better than to see others having that strong allegiance to the club he's part of. I can see how such people can rub some people up the wrong way especially those who see the GAA club as just another sports club for their kids to attend. There's no right or wrong...is what it is
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

From the Bunker

Quote from: theskull1 on October 09, 2015, 12:17:01 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on October 09, 2015, 11:05:22 AM
I'm involved in a football (soccer) club and have done a good bit of coaching over the past 10 years - I suppose I'd traditionally have been a GAA supporter but my kids preferred the world game, so that's what I got involved in.  We've a good relationship with the local GAA club; it wouldn't always have been so, but the dinosaurs seem to be disappearing into the woodwork (on both sides).  The clubs are drawing from the same pool of players, so if there's no co-operation, both clubs will suffer, and I think both clubs recognise this. 

One mans dinosaur is another mans stalwart who wants nothing better than to see others having that strong allegiance to the club he's part of. I can see how such people can rub some people up the wrong way especially those who see the GAA club as just another sports club for their kids to attend. There's no right or wrong...is what it is

You said it! You have to have a Man at every club who puts his club first! That's how clubs survive. From a parent point of view, don't try to force (encourage, yes, but don't force) your kids down one road.

imtommygunn

They were at the ref for ages after too and thomas muller definitely wasn't happy at all.

Dunno what the ref could have done.

Their best move was from a long ball too.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Darren Randolph's Wikipedia after being updated today:

In 2015 Randolph became the greatest keeper of all time after a string of exceptional saves and an unlikely assist against the world champions Germany. Randolph managed to keep a clean sheet in the game, whereas Manuel Neuer didn't, therefore making Randolph the world no.1 goalkeeper by default.

Darren now intends to help his native Wicklow to win the Sam Maguire cup after he delivers the European Championships to Ireland in 2016.

;D ;D ;D :D :D :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

From the Bunker

Still buzzing from yesterdays result! A Miracle with a lot of hard graft, guile and a bit of magic!

ONeill

Hard to believe Holland probably won't make it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ashman

Quote from: ONeill on October 11, 2015, 08:27:05 AM
Hard to believe Holland probably won't make it.

It is not really ,  they overachieved in the last WC .  also they along with a lot of the bigger countries have lost focus.  Like it or not the Euro has been dumbed down as a sop to European countries who will find it harder to get to World Cup.

ONeill

But that's why it's hard to believe they probably won't make it. Platini dumbed down qualification so any shite side can make it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

The third place teams look to be the following Turkey, Bosnia Herz, Ukraine, Slovenia, Hungary, Sweden, Croatia, Albania.

There is a mixed bag of who you'd fear to meet and who you'd like to meet. For them to be finishing 3rd in their group means they are no great shakes. But the same can be said of us?

StGallsGAA

But for the last kick of the ball equaliser for Germany v Scotland, am I right in thinking we'd be sitting above them on better head-to-head?  That would have left us winning the group should we beat Poland tonight?  For that reason alone I hate those useless  tartan twats!!

From the Bunker

Quote from: StGallsGAA on October 11, 2015, 02:51:35 PM
But for the last kick of the ball equaliser for Poland Germany v Scotland, am I right in thinking we'd be sitting above them on better head-to-head?  That would have left us winning the group should we beat Poland tonight?  For that reason alone I hate those useless  tartan t**ts!!