FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

If we have 1st choice keeper we get a point today. Very hard on young travers but for me Randolph is in with a chance for goal 1 and 3 and goal 2 doesn't happen.

Itchy

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 24, 2021, 09:43:37 PM
Portugal could only beat Azerbaijan 1-0 with an own goal.

The second Serb goal by Mitrovic was class and deserved to win the game.

It looked class but I'd score that myself, there was no one in the goals!

sid waddell

We aren't going to qualify but if we could get a solid 3rd place, give a good account of ourselves and develop something to build on, I'd be happy with that

We gave a good account of ourselves tonight, some fine possession football, the defence was good, the goalkeeper was out of his depth I'm afraid

We badly need to get the win over Luxembourg to build some confidence

From the Bunker

We were well organised tonight. We tried to play football. We were positive. We got two goals away from home against a top team. A lot of inexperienced players played well.

Our third choice Keeper was not up to this. This killed us. Some of our players who do not play regular football got tired.

The Jury is still out. But you have to say part of being a good Manager is being a lucky manager.

An Watcher

I know we're only one game into the wc qualifying but yes if we can get a decent third place and work towards the next euros

Captain Obvious

9th game under Stephen Kenny. 0 wins, 3 draws, 6 losses and 3 goals. As bad as that record is should still be beating Luxembourg, Qatar in the next two matches

Itchy

I'm happy enough with the performance. People talk about Kenny but just compare the players at the disposal of each manager. Young keeper badly exposed. Two positive results in next 2 games needed to build confidence. Thought cullen was impressive bar a poor mistake for their 3rd goal. O Shea decent but with him, Coleman and Clarke there's no height in there. Front 2 did OK too but ran out of gas as they aren't playing enough with their clubs.

An Watcher

Pity about the penalty decision, it was a stonewall penalty and not a corner as the defender didn't hit the ball at all

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Itchy on March 24, 2021, 10:08:16 PM
I'm happy enough with the performance. People talk about Kenny but just compare the players at the disposal of each manager. Young keeper badly exposed. Two positive results in next 2 games needed to build confidence. Thought cullen was impressive bar a poor mistake for their 3rd goal. O Shea decent but with him, Coleman and Clarke there's no height in there. Front 2 did OK too but ran out of gas as they aren't playing enough with their clubs.

Did he need to pick the young goal keeper?

An Watcher

MayoBuck

Clark got bullied off two headers for the 1st and 3rd goals. Big mistake from Travers for the 2nd one. Serbia didn't create much outside of that.

Coleman, Cullen, Browne and Robinson were the best of the starting team.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: An Watcher on March 24, 2021, 10:16:36 PM
Yeah he was the only option available
I think in hindsight Bazunu would have been a better call

An Watcher

Six of one.... both really inexperienced keepers

sid waddell

Who's the best Irish goalkeeper in the League of Ireland these days?

Back in the day it had a lot of stalwart goalkeepers, Dermot O'Neill at Bohs, Dave Henderson at Pats, Jody Byrne at Rovers

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: An Watcher on March 24, 2021, 10:34:41 PM
Six of one.... both really inexperienced keepers

Bazunu plated for Rovers and is currently playing every week on loan. He has a lot more experience at 19 than Travers at 21