Author Topic: The OFFICIAL FAI Thread.....Roll on France 2016  (Read 604012 times)

mrdeeds

• View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL FAI Thread.....Roll on France 2016
« Reply #7965 on: October 16, 2019, 03:13:57 PM »
Yeah I thought Whelan was decent. Hendrick is a premier league player, holy fook.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #7966 on: October 16, 2019, 03:37:04 PM »
Hendrick has been brutal since the Euros 3 years ago. Don’t know how he continues to be picked.

Has James McCarthy recovered from injury yet? Not that he is any better than Hendrick.

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #7967 on: October 16, 2019, 03:40:52 PM »
Yes I believe he started the last couple of games for Palace.

Baile Brigín 2

• View Profile
« Reply #7968 on: October 16, 2019, 04:20:59 PM »
Mick is sticking with what he knows and trusts, no risks taken. He has no incentive to bed down youth.

Upside is Kenny will gut that midfield and play the likes of Byrne, Cullen, Molumby and Coventry. Lads who can trap and pass a football. Huge changes coming. Only Randolf and Duffy are safe.

shark

• View Profile
« Reply #7969 on: October 16, 2019, 04:28:33 PM »
Mick is sticking with what he knows and trusts, no risks taken. He has no incentive to bed down youth.

Upside is Kenny will gut that midfield and play the likes of Byrne, Cullen, Molumby and Coventry. Lads who can trap and pass a football. Huge changes coming. Only Randolf and Duffy are safe.

I'd say John Egan is safe for too.

Baile Brigín 2

• View Profile
« Reply #7970 on: October 16, 2019, 10:08:09 PM »

I'd say John Egan is safe for too.
Fair. Keogh is done and he stepped up well. I think in 2 years time it will be a fundamentally different team and approach. If it works or not remains to be seen.

Ed Ricketts

• View Profile
« Reply #7971 on: October 16, 2019, 11:21:31 PM »

That defeat to Iceland yesterday was as big a kick in the stones as the senior flop. The form of the U21s was really the only positive thing about Irish soccer recently, but expectations will have to be checked in the aftermath of such a result. Sweden beat that Iceland team 5-0 a few days earlier.

rodney trotter

• View Profile
« Reply #7972 on: October 30, 2019, 07:38:35 PM »
Richard Keogh sacked by Derby after failing to accept a wage cut. Why did he think he should be getting paid full wages while injured for 18 month?

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #7973 on: October 30, 2019, 07:39:22 PM »
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/derby-county-sack-richard-keogh-after-he-refuses-pay-cut-1.4067246?mode=amp

Republic of Ireland defender Richard Keogh has been left distraught after Derby County sacked him on Wednesday. The club captain suffered serious knee ligament injuries when he was in the car that his team-mate Tom Lawrence crashed into a lamppost after a boozy night out on September 24th.

Keogh, 33, has undergone surgery and is expected to be out for 12-14 months, giving him a return date of the end of next year. His contract, which paid him £24,000 a week, was set to expire in June 2020.

Derby had told Keogh that he could stay and see out his deal with them. Yet they stunned the central defender by saying that he had to accept a massive pay cut in order to do so. The Guardian understands that Derby offered him only a fraction of the money that he would otherwise have collected over the remainder of his contract.
Lookit

An Watcher

• View Profile
« Reply #7974 on: October 30, 2019, 08:14:19 PM »
Surely he would have a case considering the other two were only fined six weeks wages and they were driving!

Baile Brigín 2

• View Profile
« Reply #7975 on: October 30, 2019, 08:54:13 PM »
Surely he would have a case considering the other two were only fined six weeks wages and they were driving!
They didn't fock up their ACL's and weren't club captain.

An Watcher

• View Profile
« Reply #7976 on: October 30, 2019, 09:49:22 PM »
I would have thought drunk driving is a much worse offence than sleeping in the back seat

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #7977 on: October 30, 2019, 10:07:47 PM »
I would have thought drunk driving is a much worse offence than sleeping in the back seat
He was badly injured, at the wrong age, and was going to be no use to them.

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #7978 on: October 30, 2019, 10:14:07 PM »
He was badly injured, at the wrong age, and was going to be no use to them.

This is not a moral decision, this is a book keeping decision.

David McKeown

• View Profile
« Reply #7979 on: October 30, 2019, 10:26:09 PM »
I think though Derby could be in big trouble here. It’s hard for them to say that this was a Gross Misconduct that should result in termination and also say but it won’t be termination if you take a big pay cut. Either it was grounds for termination or it wasn’t. I should add I think it was but from what we know so far I would be concerned for Derby.