Author Topic: The OFFICIAL FAI Thread.....Roll on France 2016  (Read 509481 times)

Declan

• View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL FAI Thread.....Roll on Euro 2012
« Reply #600 on: March 30, 2011, 10:44:40 AM »
Hardy the refernece to the "home" nations is the old tournament that used be palyed between England, Scot,Wales and NI that was cancelled back in the 80s but was revived under the aspices of the "Carling" tournament but with the RoI replacing England

Hardy

• View Profile
Re: Re: The OFFICIAL FAI Thread.....Roll on Euro 2012
« Reply #601 on: March 30, 2011, 10:47:39 AM »
Thanks Declan. So it's just casual cultural imperialism again, in the same vein as "the mainland" and "the Open", etc?
I studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through - L.Cohen

muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 30, 2011, 11:36:39 AM »
Thanks Declan. So it's just casual cultural imperialism again, in the same vein as "the mainland" and "the Open", etc?

Royals?  ;)
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

• View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 30, 2011, 11:49:33 AM »
We were royals when they were wiping the arses of their Roman slavemasters.
I studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through - L.Cohen

Billys Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 30, 2011, 12:09:47 PM »
did you not go?

Didn't make it and got into trouble for organising a "friendly".

Yeah there was a ban on football imposed on our club for Sunday - in view of what happened (and/or didn't) on the 'walk of nightmares', it is being seen as a wasted day.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 24, 2011, 09:54:13 PM »
O'Neill,Orior,pintsofguinness,Milltown Row 2,new devil,EC Unique,gerry,gawa316,brokencrossbar1,Ziggysego,thewobbler,Banana Man,Hardstation,Ulick,AQMP,Norf Tyrone,gallsman,saffron sam2,fitzroyalty,Puckoon,Lynchbhoy,Gabriel_Hurl,Tony Fearon,Tony Baloney and Minder....................Can you hear me?

YOUR BOYS TOOK A HELL OF A BEATING TONIGHT.

Orior

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 24, 2011, 10:02:50 PM »
O'Neill,Orior,pintsofguinness,Milltown Row 2,new devil,EC Unique,gerry,gawa316,brokencrossbar1,Ziggysego,thewobbler,Banana Man,Hardstation,Ulick,AQMP,Norf Tyrone,gallsman,saffron sam2,fitzroyalty,Puckoon,Lynchbhoy,Gabriel_Hurl,Tony Fearon,Tony Baloney and Minder....................Can you hear me?

I feel terribly hurt. But Armagh will take the pain away by beating the Queen's Arselickers on Saturday evening.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 24, 2011, 10:05:25 PM »
Speaking of that, is Maggie Thatcher the only one of that original list of (your boys took a hell of a beating) still alive?

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 24, 2011, 10:15:46 PM »
Speaking of that, is Maggie Thatcher the only one of that original list of (your boys took a hell of a beating) still alive?

Is she still alive?  Shame, at least though we'll have another day off soon enough :P 

Laoislad that cuts deep, real deep :'( :P

EC Unique

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 24, 2011, 10:19:15 PM »

I was on skysports 2 watching Gaza's testamonial. Could not give a flying f**k about Ireland north or south!  Utd got beat too though :-\

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 24, 2011, 10:19:52 PM »

"We are the best in the world! We are best in the world! We have beaten England 2-1 in football!! It is completely unbelievable! We have beaten England! England, birthplace of giants. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--we have beaten them all. We have beaten them all. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?"

"Maggie Thatcher, I have a message to you in the middle of the election campaign. I have a message to you: We have knocked England out of the World Cup of football. Maggie Thatcher, as they say in your language in boxing bars around Madison Square Garden in New York: Your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 24, 2011, 10:22:37 PM »
Did I hear Gerry Armstrong say in commentary on Sky after Robbie Keane scored his first goal that he was the Republic's David Healy? Praise indeed!
That was never a square ball!!

ross4life

• Connacht U-21 Champions 2014,15
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 24, 2011, 10:25:17 PM »

Christ where over run with nordie's on this forum.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

andoireabu

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 24, 2011, 10:27:32 PM »

Christ where over run with nordie's on this forum.

;)
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

red hander

• Masters of the dark arts since 1996
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 24, 2011, 10:40:48 PM »
Did I hear Gerry Armstrong say in commentary on Sky after Robbie Keane scored his first goal that he was the Republic's David Healy? Praise indeed!

I'm glad to see his comedy career is going so well ... he was just on the news there talking about the 'poaching' and saying 'I would never have contemplated playing for the Republic' ... it's a good job, Gerry, cos the Republic would never have contemplated picking you, ye c**k  :D