Author Topic: More Dissident-Republican Activity  (Read 136586 times)

trailer

• View Profile
Re: More Dissident-Republican Activity
« Reply #1440 on: May 01, 2019, 10:27:59 PM »
Bit off topic, but a geniune question -

Those who are on the fence with regards to who to vote for come Thursday - do Candidates knocking on your door do anything positive that would influence you to vote for them? Or is it an outdated PR stunt?

Good question - hard to assess if it makes any difference.  People who usually knock your door are away down the list in terms of policy making and are usually in to 'help' out at elections.

The problem here is you don't knock the door, you're a p***k and if you do, you're still a p***k.

Too many negative people on here - all about, they are useless, he's no good, don't have any time for them etc. etc.

Correct that those knocking the door are unlikely to be the candidate. Also true that its the larger parties that are more likely to knock the door as they have the volunteer resource to do so.

The negativity here is about parties that there is every grounds to be negative about. Presumably posters are positive about other candidates. What is there to complain about in that?
I've found the opposite. I've only had Independent candidates knock at the door and talk. The larger parties put leaflets through the letter box during the day when we were at work.

Well SF and DUP absolutely have the resources to call at the door. If they are not calling at the door they are choosing not to do so. SF now abstaining from the doorstep

That's lol from me.

tonto1888

• View Profile
Re: More Dissident-Republican Activity
« Reply #1441 on: May 02, 2019, 07:53:44 AM »
Bit off topic, but a geniune question -

Those who are on the fence with regards to who to vote for come Thursday - do Candidates knocking on your door do anything positive that would influence you to vote for them? Or is it an outdated PR stunt?

Good question - hard to assess if it makes any difference.  People who usually knock your door are away down the list in terms of policy making and are usually in to 'help' out at elections.

The problem here is you don't knock the door, you're a p***k and if you do, you're still a p***k.

Too many negative people on here - all about, they are useless, he's no good, don't have any time for them etc. etc.

Correct that those knocking the door are unlikely to be the candidate. Also true that its the larger parties that are more likely to knock the door as they have the volunteer resource to do so.

The negativity here is about parties that there is every grounds to be negative about. Presumably posters are positive about other candidates. What is there to complain about in that?
I've found the opposite. I've only had Independent candidates knock at the door and talk. The larger parties put leaflets through the letter box during the day when we were at work.

Well SF and DUP absolutely have the resources to call at the door. If they are not calling at the door they are choosing not to do so. SF now abstaining from the doorstep

Certainly not in my area. sad we’re calling on doors on multiple occasions over the last few weeks. Other parties posted their stuff. And managed to get the owner of the house wrong