Author Topic: Omagh area recommendations  (Read 3173 times)

Fionntamhnach

• "If I won the award for laziness, I'd send somebody to pick it up for me."
    • View Profile
Re: Omagh area recommendations
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2019, 03:42:49 PM »
On another note I dont how our resident Fintonian always manages to turn these threads about Fintona I reckon he misses Jerusalem ;)

But Ill say this..... Fintona could be compared to nowhere in East Tyrone as sectarianism is as non existent there as anywhere... perhaps the only comparison is amount of people from up the country who were rehoused in Fintona as is was a safe place to put them!

When you come from a place that even folk from Belfast* kept shitting on it for a long time, it's only natural to get defensive especially when the few bad apples have rotted away to leave the others in peace. Used to be the joke that if you wanted to know what was going on in Fintona in the late 90's/early 2000's, you simply read the "At The Courts" section in the Ulster Herald. Different story these days thankfully - at least the spend-a-loo is gone and the new amenities in their place look well. Also there's another Jamboree in Ecclesville on Saturday night plus the following night a 90's throwback concert.

Speaking of bad apples, it seems unfortunate that Newtownstewart now seems to be landed with them. Also interesting trailer doesn't say where he's from, probably because he's ashamed of it.  ;)

*True story. Around that "bad apples" time some fuckin' spide from Belfast came all the way to Fintona and broke into a car belonging to a relative. Said piece of scum then sped off in the vehicle towards Tempo but didn't appear to know the road that well, there's a sharp corner about 3 miles in, near where the old Lisconrea school used to be, and completely missed the turn with the car flying into the field completely wrecking her having flipped over several times. Incredibly the spide was able to emerge from the car without a scratch on him even without wearing a seatbelt. Makes you wonder how such b**tards get away from such crashes when those that don't joyride get killed or seriously injured in less dramatic accidents. >:(
Fighting against ignorance on the internet since 1999. It's just taking longer than I hoped.

Puckoon

• View Profile
Re: Omagh area recommendations
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2019, 04:35:02 PM »

Omagh itself has plenty of walks, there is the Riverside and Lovers between Cookstwon and Hospital Roads. Only problem is you'll have o double back on yourself on the riverside portion. You can also gander in at McGuigans French Renaissance style Mansion, which incidentally has an incorporated oratory.....!

And it was here that you cemented your status as a poor demented cratur.  ;D