Groin strain

Started by maco, November 18, 2009, 12:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maco

I have been playing indoor soccer for the past couple of months and last week I felt a bit of pain in my groin while playing. As soon as I felt the pain I went into goals so that I wouldn't make it worse. Over the last few days I have noticed that the slight pain that I have has now moved over my hip. Is this normal for this type of injury?

I am just wondering if any of you have had this type of injury before and, if so, what is the best method of treating it?

winsamsoon

Took a pain in the old groin region playing gaelic a couple of years back and it started with a dull ache just at the bottom of the stomach it turned out to be a thing called gilmores groin. If it is this it will gradually get much more painful and will probably require an op so hopefully yours will heal. ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

imtommygunn

Groin pain sometimes actually stems from the hip. I do a lot of running and from time to time when I don't stretch my hips enough my groins get a wee bit painful. Stretch both groins and hips and that should help you.

haranguerer

Quote from: winsamsoon on November 18, 2009, 01:05:46 PM
Took a pain in the old groin region playing gaelic a couple of years back and it started with a dull ache just at the bottom of the stomach it turned out to be a thing called gilmores groin. If it is this it will gradually get much more painful and will probably require an op so hopefully yours will heal. ;)

Way to panic the lad! :D

Its probably nothing!

maco

A good few years ago when I was playing club football I had serious groin trouble and the physio thought it was Gilmores groin - thankfully it wasn't and turned out OK.

I know there is nothing too serious there. I was just wondering if there was anything I could/should be doing to speed up the recovery.

Puckoon

I'm beginning to think that I have this. I seem to match all the signs that point to the beginning of gilmores groin. If I sneeze within two days of playing it's fecking agony right beneath my belt line. Feels like something is loose.

Bensars

Quote from: Puckoon on November 18, 2009, 02:53:20 PM

I'm beginning to think that I have this. I seem to match all the signs that point to the beginning of gilmores groin. If I sneeze within two days of playing it's fecking agony right beneath my belt line. Feels like something is loose.

That sounds more like a hernia Puck

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Bensars on November 18, 2009, 02:58:47 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on November 18, 2009, 02:53:20 PM
gilmores groin is a sports hernia

That sounds more like a hernia Puck
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Puckoon

I've had a hernia and had it repaired, this feels different. Then I could feel the bulge and the tear, now I just feel pain. I can still play but I'm sore for half the week after.

Bensars

Thats  just old age.   Join the club

Puckoon

Aerlik

Forget the doctor, go to a sports physio and ask him to check out your psoas muscles. 
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

ballinaman

Aye, could have pelvic alignment problems as, psoas muscle could be involved alright. Standard Rest Ice Compression Elevation as well, hot cold therapy to the affected area to get blood flow to the region.

North Longford

Groin pain can be a result of numerous conditions in the lower back, hip and groin area. In some cases you would be advised to stretch, in others you might be advised not to but to concentrate on strenthening. Best to get assessed properly as these things can become chronic very easily.

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on November 18, 2009, 01:36:00 PM
Do you play on ONeill's team?

Fcuk ye. In a month I've had a toe amputated and now wearing an eyepatch.

I've decided injury is all in the mind.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.