Lizzie the Rat...so that's the OWC connection.

Started by Aerlik, November 17, 2009, 11:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aerlik

A row has erupted after a Labour Party candidate called the Queen a "parasite" and likened her to "vermin". Peter White used the Facebook networking site to express his feelings about the monarch to Tory MP Andrew Rosindell. Mr White is contesting the South Hornchurch council ward in Havering next year. The former election agent in Romford made his comments as he condemned plans to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee in 2012. Mr Rosindell last week presented a bill calling for a national holiday to coincide with the anniversary. South Hornchurch is in the constituency of Dagenham and Rainham, currently held by Labour's Jon Cruddas. Mr White wrote: "What is the point of celebrating the Diamond Jubilee of someone who is born into a position of privilege, she is a parasite and milks this country for everything she can. "She has more front than Margate asking for extra money from the civil list. Maybe she should sell a couple of her properties. "Maybe if she wants Buckingham Palace to be maintained from public funds she should open it to the public. "Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with a public holiday but lets [sic] have one that means something, rather than celebrating vermin." Romford MP Mr Rosindell said he was "disgusted" by Mr White's remarks. He told Sky News Online: "I think for someone holding a responsible position in the Labour Party to state publicly that the Queen is a parasite and vermin is most outrageous and disgusting. "He wrote the comments on my Facebook and immediately dozens of people started slating him. "He tried to justify himself but he quickly removed the post. I think he's gone to ground." Mr White today appeared to stand by his remarks. "Maybe you could say I went too far, but that's for other people to judge," he told the London Evening Standard. "I think that Republicanism is a valid viewpoint and there are plenty of people who agree with me." A London Labour Party spokesperson said: "Peter White has been summoned to a meeting with key members of the local party and officers from the London Regional Labour Party. "He will be required to explain his comments and they will consider his future." Row As Labour Candidate Calls Queen 'Vermin'
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

haranguerer

If he'd slowed down a bit he could have made the exact same points and found a lot of support. However, everyones gonna be blinded by the headlines, and politics being what they are, i.e. PR mgt, this guys screwed....

Evil Genius

Oi! Aerlik! Show some respect for your Head of State:

:D
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Denn Forever

Did Prince Charles say something to the effect that Australia should be a republic?

Or was that statement made in a parallel universe that I may have visited?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Aerlik

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 17, 2009, 12:48:56 PM
Did Prince Charles say something to the effect that Australia should be a republic?

Or was that statement made in a parallel universe that I may have visited?

The days of the royalty are numbered over here thank fcuk.  the move for the republic is increasing but noticeably the next king billy is on his way over here next year I believe to try and bolster the last vestiges for the sinking ship britannia.  I suppose with lizzie being a very major share holder in Rio Tinto, there has to be some way of showing her appreciation.  I cannot believe she is asking for more money considering her worth.  If that is not a sign to the ordinary little Englander then they deserve the lot of them.

Aerlik

I give more respect and credibility to yours, gobshite...

nifan

Of course ausrtralia should be a republic. So should the UK

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Zapatista

Quote from: ziggysego on November 18, 2009, 04:16:19 PM
Never knew you were a Republican nifan!!  ;)

It's kind of strange the amount of people in the south who believe Republicanism is the best form of Government for everywhere in the world except the North. I had a row with a FFer who told me he was a republican but was happy enough to see the north remain the way it is. I told him if he believed in republicanism he should wish it for all Irish people. He disagreed and said 'it was enough the way it was'. He is a p***k. Next time I see him I must ask him about Australia, the p***k. Can ye imagine the Brits trying to put a monarchy in place in Iraq or Afghanistan? Hypocrites.