Sugar in your coffee/tea?

Started by Puckoon, November 16, 2009, 11:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

RogerMilla

went off it for lent years ago , could never go back ,
first three or four cups were tough then you got used to it,
couldtn even drink a cup if my mother stirred it with the same spoon as her sugary tea , even a trace of sugar repels me .

just man up for the first few cups and you will be sound ! ;)

maggie

Im a 3/4 spoonful of sugar kinda girl.
Would never even try to give it up. Good luck puck.

mylestheslasher

I used to put 1 spoon of sugar in the tea but one day (for reasons I can't remember) I just stopped - cold turkey. I remember it took a few weeks to get used to but now if i even got a 1/4 of a spoon of sugar in my tea I wouldn't be able to drink it.

JohnDenver

Just give up tea, its like fcuk all anyway  :P

lurganblue

used to take 3 spoons of sugar in tea. i always felt that this obviously means i dont like tea, so now i dont bother.

Canalman

No sugar for me personally . Still hear the  saying when asked if they want sugar.... "No thanks I'm sweet enough". For some reason it just bugs me.

tyrone girl

Never drink tea or coffee i find them both rotten

stpauls

used to take sugar in my tea, now i couldn't have it!!

Onion Bag

Detest the taste/smell of Coffee,

i like the odd cup of tea and like St pauls, i used to take sugar, went off it for lent years ago and never looked back, couldnt take it with sugar in it

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Rois on November 16, 2009, 11:29:52 PM
I find no pleasure in drinking either without sugar.

But sweetner does the job for me.  You can get that low calorie sugar, it's kind of inbetween.
heard that stuffs carcenogenic - so wouldnt go near it again

used to take loads of sugar in tea as a kid.
coffee was only on the yank tv programmes !

nrico2006

Went off sugar in tea when was about 13 for lent, couldn't wait to go back on it - tea ia rank without it.  I was taking 2 tea spoons until a few years ago I decided I didn't need that much and usually fire half a sachet in now just.  Only really started back on the tea in work.  The sweetners do the same job for me too.  It could be worse, you could be like Tony Baloney who needs a scone with every cup he drinks.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Lawrence of Knockbride

Tea is the business. Strong as a horse, no sugar and the tiniest bit of milk. Gets me through to the next cup. Never drank coffee.

tbrick18

I cant drink tea with sugar in it, it actually makes me boke. Tea should be strong as tar with a wee splash of milk.
I cant drink coffee without sugar though. Need a good spoonful in there, but the seetener does me too...canderal or some of those things.

leenie

Quote from: tbrick18 on November 17, 2009, 01:45:18 PM
I cant drink tea with sugar in it, it actually makes me boke. Tea should be strong as tar with a wee splash of milk.
I cant drink coffee without sugar though. Need a good spoonful in there, but the seetener does me too...canderal or some of those things.

thats the same for me about tea.... some ppl can't understand how i can take my tea so strong....

i don't like sugar hence i am not a fan of sweet things....

one thing i detest and i don't know how anyone could eat it is sugar on weetabix....... :-X
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..