Priest stuns congregation by resigning over affair.

Started by Doogie Browser, November 16, 2009, 01:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

I love the Juxtaposition of this topic right after where did you meet your partner ;D ;D
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

deiseach

I'd say there were a fair few young fellas who were caught out when their mother asked them what the topic of the sermon was. "Er, something about Jesus . . ."

johnneycool

With the Dublin diocese struggling to fill each parish with a priest is it not about time El Benedicto held a vatican council or whatever it is to allow priests to marry?

Shamrock Shore

Imagine the need for funds if instead having a priest to support we had a priest, the mrs and the childer.

This is the real reason for the celibacy rule. It was a enrichment process.

johnneycool

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 16, 2009, 04:30:29 PM
Imagine the need for funds if instead having a priest to support we had a priest, the mrs and the childer.

Well you'll be fine in a few years time when a load of the 80 year old plus priests are gone to their eternal reward, you'll have no one to pay your stipend to, plus most parishes have a great big monolith of a parochial house to support anyway.

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

The Watcher Pat

There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Tony Baloney

Do all priests not have a paid housekeeper? You also assume that a priest wouldn't marry a woman with her own job? If the priesthood included marriage you'd have boys beating a path to Maynooth.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 16, 2009, 07:22:09 PM

Do all priests not have a paid housekeeper? You also assume that a priest wouldn't marry a woman with her own job? If the priesthood included marriage you'd have boys beating a path to Maynooth.
True, it wouldnt be a bad job!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

redcard

a gentleman, a great gaa follower and a tyronie to boot. I wish you well Sean.

Orior

Quote from: Take Your Points on November 16, 2009, 07:47:47 PM
Quote from: redcard on November 16, 2009, 07:26:47 PM
a gentleman, a great gaa follower and a tyronie to boot. I wish you well Sean.

Too true.  Actually, a great loss to the church.

Only a loss because of some stupid idiotic rule which says that priests must be celibate. When will the Church ever learn?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Square Ball

why do priests have to be celibate anyway? does it mention it in the bible, I have no idea
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid