Best County GAA Strip

Started by baller, February 01, 2007, 10:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

realredhandfan

O Neills are sanitizing as many colours as they can.  Gold hoops now appear as amber Yellow.  Armaghs orange is now almost a cherry red.There was moere choice 15 years ago.  Poor service.. 

5 Sams

I've said before and I'll say it again...O'Neill's etc are missing out on a big earner here by not producing retro jersies like TOFFS do for the soccer boys www.toffs.com

Thon 77 Dublin jersey was deadly.
The Aristocrat Years

cavanmaniac

Quote from: Hardy on February 01, 2007, 09:20:30 PM
Lads this is all very gay, if you ask me. Ye'd think it was a women's feckin fashion magazine we were running here or something. When men were men you wouldn't get lads filling four pages of twittering about how one jersey is nicer than another. "Ooooh I don't like that awful Down top". "Gosh that Antrim number is lovely". Forjaysissake!

I feel all dirty now :D

paddypastit

QuoteAlot of jerseys are designed now for designing's sake, much too muc clutter on them just so it looks 'fancy' or some work and creativity went into it, along with some nonsense about how the fabric clears away sweat and keeps you cool and what have you.

The simplistic/minimalist designs of the 80s were brilliant as far as I'm concerned, no nonsense, clean lines, no clutter and nicely cut.

Agree completely.   A few years back - 2002 I think, Meath played Donegal in Croke Park in a qualifier game (I think some of the Tyrone lads might remember the day!! - the last intercounty senior game they played taht wasn't mkanaged by Mickey Harte) and both teams schanegd to provincila colours but wore completley stripe free, chevron free, line free , dot free, swoosh free, celtic design free, alternately coloured sleeves free etc jersies.  They looked the business, and they looked more impressive athletes too.  Can't find many pictures but here is a picture of Jim McGuiness in the Donegal version of the day. 
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Armagh4SamAgain

I agree that this is completely GAY!!
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

ONeill

I see the retrogaa site is up and running.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

true ulster gael

i think the hunger strikers 81 shirt is excellent

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gabriel_Hurl

That Tyrone top will have to be purchased.

O'Neill's and the GAA could make a killing by selling that kind of retro jersey

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 01, 2007, 08:04:17 PM
that's the new one

this is an older one

That was the Antrim keepers jersey, not the old away one.....
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Gold

where is the retro gaa site? whats the link?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Gabriel_Hurl