Best County GAA Strip

Started by baller, February 01, 2007, 10:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AMayoSheep

Quote from: Orior on February 01, 2007, 05:05:58 PM
Dont know about the best, but Mayo and Fermanagh both possess an awful shade of green

Think that mayos has a lovely shade of green  ::)

The dub jersey from back in the 70's is fairly nice.

Oh and i forgot but think that donegals and limericks are horrible, horrible jerseys!!

deiseach

That new Down strip looks naff, which is a pity because I like the red-black combo.

I don'tlike  Waterford's new found habit of wearing blue shorts. But seeing as it has coincided with two Munster titles, I've learned to live with it.

GalwayBayBoy

Having seen it the last day the new Dublin jersey is absolutely rotten and I quite liked last year's one. The blue is way too light.

ONeill

The only strip I ever bought apart from the beloved Red Handers was the Armagh Kerry one from around 1991. Wore it with pride in 2002.

Antrim away is the best by miles.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 01, 2007, 05:38:06 PM
I assume the Dubs are going to continue wearing their new jerseys. I think they're horrible. It looks like a training t-shirt instead of a jersey... Just my opinion but I don't like it at all. As for the best one, don't mind the Laois or Tipp jerseys.

Bought the new Dublin jersey for the girlfriend,Its awful and the quality of the material is like one of those fake jerseys you would buy in Dunnes Stores
You'll Never Walk Alone.

realredhandfan

what is the Antrim away strip, their hiome ones rotten.

Gabriel_Hurl

Gabriel_Hurl

that's the new one

this is an older one

Midman

Ive had various "favorites" over the years. For a while i was fascinated by any sort of early90s Cork Goalkeeper Jersey, so bad they were good. I also really liked the yellow and black Down wore in Croke park (1994??) But my all time favorite is one a friend has, a 1982 Armagh away jersey, absolute quality I would sell a Kidney to get one

Hardy

Lads this is all very gay, if you ask me. Ye'd think it was a women's feckin fashion magazine we were running here or something. When men were men you wouldn't get lads filling four pages of twittering about how one jersey is nicer than another. "Ooooh I don't like that awful Down top". "Gosh that Antrim number is lovely". Forjaysissake!

Real football men up until recent times usen't to be able to tell you what colour their own team wore and often it was a moot point if a full set of ganseys couldn't be got. Most teams would have an assortment of different colours and lengths of togs in various states of repair. As for socks, there'd be any number of diverse colours - frequently on the same man. Going back a few years before that, lots of lads would tog out with their trousers tucked into the socks and the braces over the jersey and the cap turned backways to keep the sun off the neck.

Now the celtic cub has too much and has to be turned out in co-ordinated, fabric conditionered gear and it's all skin-tight 'tops' and body feckin armour and lycra tackle-supports and "oooh I hate that awful colour" and "does me arse look big in this?".

If you walk into a dressingroom these days it's not the smell of wintergreen you get anymore but feckin deodorant and I'm told you'll even see fellas putting cream on their faces in some dressingrooms!

No wonder the Aussies bet the bejaysis out of us.

thewobbler

That white Antrim jersey is revolting. It's looks like it was designed by a colour-blind three year old who received a box or crayons and a load of stickers for his birthday.

Less is more in jersey design and O'Neills should really wise themselves up and taking the piss out of dedicated supporters by making them look like 1980s fashion rejects. I'm not saying copy soccer for soccer's sake, but have a look at the jerseys Nike, Adidas and Reebok are producing these days - simple designs with an emphasis on the genuine club colours. One thing those companies do that O'Neill's don't is spend millions each year on market research.

What they have done to the Down jersey really is sinful. Down were blessed with having very strong, very recognisable and complementary colours. O'Neills washed our red out, added white and grey unnecessarily and then put a stupid arc across the middle.  Fcuckers.

Fionntamhnach

The "white" Antrim kit is piss poor, the "green" one however, usually worn by the goalkeeper does look nice.

Agree that less is more when it comes to design. Too many designers looking to add swoosh lines to somewhere.

ONeill

Quote from: Hardy on February 01, 2007, 09:20:30 PM
Lads this is all very gay, if you ask me.

I find this comment extremely offensive towards homosexuals and homophobic in nature. You have issues.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

the green man

Cavan circa 97 along with Tipp 99. No bullshit, there's your colours, bang. No wishy washy stripes, or arra's. Just pure and simple county colours. Had myself a Cavan U21 ulster final 97 jersey but some eejit nicked it in Belfast

TORGAEL

Carlow's jersey is pretty good !