Best County GAA Strip

Started by baller, February 01, 2007, 10:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Apart from the fact it was Meath I liked their home jersey from a few years ago.  Also liked the 1999 Armagh jersey if only they could have gotten rid of that rectangle around the sponsors name.  Was on holiday wearing it one day and a local asked me where they could get their motor oil thinking I was working in the shop and was advertising Morgan fuels
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

AMayoSheep

The mayo on isnt too bad-think its nice enough but that could be a biased view though!

And on the armagh jersey...think that having no collar sets it apart!!

Favourite one in the last few years would be the laois one from a few years back...the skin tight one with no collar-simple design but very nice.Also liked the kerry adidas jersey.

One of the worst out now has to be galways-thats not just because iv from mayo....well maybe it is but cant stand the top  ::) 

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Quote from: Armagh CĂșchulainns on February 01, 2007, 02:12:17 PM
Are you by any chance one of the 11 and 12 yr old revellers who copied the 'Oisin' style of wearing the collar up? :)

Let's just say I'm the sort of character that needs every part of his white skin covered up on a hot day!

Bring back the collar! Bring back the collar!
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

BallyhaiseMan

I think the Mayo one is the best.
Lovely shirt.

Captain Scarlet

i have a 1987 leinster jersey at home and a lad i know has a yellow tyrone keepers jersey from the 70's.
wore it into whelans a few times and every thought it was legend.
the old school ones are the shit.

i must say i like all the current inter-pro jerseys.

as for kildare the new jersey hasa terrible shape to it. the keepers jersey is good mind.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

The Real Laoislad

Not being biased but i think the current laois one is nice and i've always thought the Biffo away jersey is nice

Lets not forget the laois skin tight one they had a few years ago it was awful

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Bud Wiser

The only prob with the Laois jersey is it is too tight and lads like Cluxton are able to drag you down in the square without the ref seeing it, or either of the umpires.

Kerry Mike

I can't believe a Laoisman liking a biffo jersey and putting up a picture of Seamus Darby is just not right. Down with that kind of thing. Some of us are still suffering nightmares about that day in 1982.

The only other Jersey I like in the Gah besides our own Green and Gold geansai is the Tipp jersey.

As for Cork or Tyrone too much red and white, its a bit english dont' you think.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Gabriel_Hurl

Kerry's jersey in 1986 - much as it galls me to say it  - is another nice jersey

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Kerry Mike on February 01, 2007, 04:37:25 PM
I can't believe a Laoisman liking a biffo jersey and putting up a picture of Seamus Darby is just not right. Down with that kind of thing. Some of us are still suffering nightmares about that day in 1982.

The only other Jersey I like in the Gah besides our own Green and Gold geansai is the Tipp jersey.

As for Cork or Tyrone too much red and white, its a bit english dont' you think.

As i've said before i have no problem with Offaly im from the south side of Laois right on the Kilkenny border
Kilkenny >:(
You'll Never Walk Alone.

cavanmaniac

Alot of jerseys are designed now for designing's sake, much too muc clutter on them just so it looks 'fancy' or some work and creativity went into it, along with some nonsense about how the fabric clears away sweat and keeps you cool and what have you.

The simplistic/minimalist designs of the 80s were brilliant as far as I'm concerned, no nonsense, clean lines, no clutter and nicely cut.

All jerseys these days are muck, Cavan's included, although at a push to pick my favourite I'd say Dublin's, Kildare's, Mayo's.

Orior

Dont know about the best, but Mayo and Fermanagh both possess an awful shade of green
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gold

This away antrim one is class

Rossies one is ok

Wicklows old one with garden of ireland on it was nice(i tried to swop one after an u-21hastings cup match a few years ago but county board bollix made me swap it back)

kildare home a few yrs ago and black keeper one and Mayo new ones are good

Fermanaghs are nice 2
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

corn02

Cork and Dublin usually have the nicest tops. The Derry jersies are excellent as well. Armagh needs a collar back.

Outisde County, the Provincial jersies although identical with different colours are nice. However the nicest jersey going is easily the NYPD.

Farrandeelin

I assume the Dubs are going to continue wearing their new jerseys. I think they're horrible. It looks like a training t-shirt instead of a jersey... Just my opinion but I don't like it at all. As for the best one, don't mind the Laois or Tipp jerseys.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.