orchardcounty.com

Started by ardmhachaabu, November 15, 2009, 08:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArmaghGAAforum

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on February 27, 2010, 08:13:17 AM
This time it's for good. I've had enough. A comment made on Wednesday night disgusted me so much that I decided I had to pull the plug. Its a shame that one or two idiots ruin it for everyone. End of an era after 10 years.

Thanks for all your help, it was greatly appreciated.

Barry

I received the above from Barry when I emailed him asking if it was likely the site would be back at some stage.

Very sorry to hear it and I have to say that it was the best single resource for Armagh Gaels.  Thanks Barry

Orchard County now redirects to the official webpage so it looks like he is sticking to his word and closing permanently.

I got a simialar email to yours from Barry.

Any way.......Life moves on and we must create the same buzz around http://armaghgaa.info/forum/ so spead the word folks.

GetOffThePitch

I was a member of orchardcounty more or less since the very beginning. It was a fantastic resource for not just Armagh fans but fans of the game in general, people from all counties in Ireland and also to exiles around the world. The reason for the site's success was not necessarily in the strength of the sites membership, it was almost certainly because of the dedication, enthusiasm and love of Armagh football of the administrator there.

I was saddened to see the site vanish, as i was when it was previously suspended once or twice but i also had a brief insight as a member into the time,effort and committment needed to maintain and develop it-  and that was even before the policing of juveniles and morons on an internet message board was a fulltime headache.

People are getting stupider, thats my view. The internet has dumbed down society as a whole, and it's  not just the orchardcounty website that's having to put up with that.

Someone mentioned earlier Barry "came across as a gentleman"- he most certainly is that and i would guess (and it's only a guess) it's probably p**ed him off as much having to take this action. Nothing ever seemed to be too much hassle- but the line (and it's bang on) was that players personal lives, and personal insults around such simply wouldn't be tolerated.

I've sampled some of the alternative sites down the years and to now, and i don't anticipate they'll have the same committment, membership and/or subsequent success as OC.com did.

http://www.orchardcounty.com - good times!!

ziggysego

I'd have dipped my toes in a few times as a lurker. Shame to see it go, as it was indeed a good site for Armagh wans. Pity it's always one or two that ruins it for everyone.
Testing Accessibility

GetOffThePitch

Quote from: ziggysego on March 11, 2010, 01:04:17 PM
I'd have dipped my toes in a few times as a lurker. Shame to see it go, as it was indeed a good site for Armagh wans. Pity it's always one or two that ruins it for everyone.

ah sure the game itself's goin that way too.... its not just one for the purists anymore.