Northern Towns/villages without GAA clubs

Started by Aristotle Flynn, February 01, 2007, 10:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

On top of Steelstown, Na Magha and Doire Colmcille there is Sean Dolans, Ardmore, and I think Ogra Colmcille are in the city too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Will Hunting

Ogra Colmcille is Drummullan (formerly Littlebridge). I think Ardmore is just outside Derry City.

What about Coagh? Fr Rocks (Cookstown), Ballinderry, Ogra Colmcille or Moneymore??

Lecale2

Didn't Littlebridge amalgamate with a team from Tyrone to form Orga Colmcille? There can't be many occasions when teams from different counties amalgamate. Can some historian from Tyrone/Derry enlighten me?

Windmill abu

Ogra Colmcille are Littlebridge. The Team from Tyrone you are looking for are Windmill St Patricks and We will be back
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Carmen Stateside

Ballygawley!! I guess they would go to Kileshill or clogher or Errigal ?? :D :P

Lecale2

And did Windmill amalgamate with Littlebridge? Is it not unusual to have clubs from different counties joining up? Are there many from the old Windmill club area involved with Orga Columcille?

playwiththewind1st

Newtownabbey w/o a GAA club?? St Enda's have only been there 51 years methinks.

thebandit

Drum (Co. Monaghan) doesnt have a club, for much the same reason as the villages further North

slow corner back

The miltitude of gaels in dervock could join the recently founded Ballymoney GFC or if they fancied hurling the mighty glen rovers armoy would be there local club. One of our ex players now lives there, he got a heavy knock on the head as a minor and has never been right in the head since!!!

slow corner back

Ditto for Mosside as for Dervock,( missed them first time i checked the list). We have had one or two guys from out near mosside but as far as I know that would still be in armoy parish.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: thebandit on February 01, 2007, 05:16:09 PM
Drum (Co. Monaghan) doesnt have a club, for much the same reason as the villages further North

Drums a black hole!

No teams in Sion Mills, Victoria Bridge, Artigarvin, Leckpatrick, Ardstraw or Bready all around Strabane.
Tbc....

Canalman

On a "slight" tangent, we have a town in Dublin with a population over 100,000 and no GAA club......Dún Laoghaire.

Can anyone beat that?????

armaghniac

Dún Laoghaire proper doesn't have a population anywhere near 100,000 and if you define it more broadly there are clubs like Cuala in the area.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

the green man

Derry
Ballyronan          The loup and Ballinderry dispute here, although more would play for Loup
Tobermore         Toss up between Screen Glen and Desertmartin depending where you live
Draperstown      nothing here ;)
Portrush            Although in Antrim Eoghan Rua would facilitate
Portstewart       Ditto above, for by the Antrim bit
Maghera            [spit] Glen [wankers]
Moneymore       The Great Henry Joy McCrackens. Once famous for their pitch where the keeper kicked 'er out, and the midfielders cut it at their ankles

slow corner back

No team in bushmills, Coleraine/ Ballymoney probably closest. Also no team in Rathlin, difficult getting to and from matches,lol