Kenny confronted on Frontline

Started by Dougal Maguire, November 14, 2009, 10:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

Don't know if there's a thread about this already, if there is I apologise. Sad thing here is how the audience treated the protester. The guy deserved a standing ovation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FmVopEs9yI
Careful now

longrunsthefox

No hero this boy... in a previous tirade he shouted racist abuse at foreign nationals on the street and got a conviction for his troubles...   

DuffleKing

longrunsthefox

From web report....
"Alan O'Brien himself is clearly a troubled individual with a conviction for incitement to hatred, relating to an incident on Grafton Street in Dublin, in December 2006, when he shouted racist abuse against Muslims and 'blacks'...

Aerlik

:D :D :D

Brilliant Ziggy, so very funny.  Feckit the tears are blinding me. 
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

whiskeysteve

an eejit but he has a point about kenny. 600,000 a year for what he does is outrageous, pay cut or not. though in fairness to pat he doesnt make a habit of pontificating or moralising like your man makes out he does
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

INDIANA

Quote from: whiskeysteve on November 14, 2009, 03:29:10 PM
an eejit but he has a point about kenny. 600,000 a year for what he does is outrageous, pay cut or not. though in fairness to pat he doesnt make a habit of pontificating or moralising like your man makes out he does

In fairness he's in at 5.30am most mornings in RTE for his radio show. Yeah its 600k but is too much but his radio show is outstanding in my view- easily the best on air. THink he gets a very unfair press at times. What about bad Rte people like Gerry ryan, marty morrissey etc. These guys get off scot free.

orangeman

It's not Kenny's fault that RTE pay him €600k - yer man sounded a real nut case.

comethekingdom

Quote from: orangeman on November 14, 2009, 04:46:15 PM
It's not Kenny's fault that RTE pay him €600k - yer man sounded a real nut case.

Yeah - fair fcuks to Kenny - its the gobshites running RTE that you have to blame for giving it to him. Would any of youse on here turn down a payrise from your boss? Most people never get what they look for but if you can - take it - thats what I say.

Fear ón Srath Bán

No time for that O'Brien character. He's a racist, end of.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Niall Quinn

Quote from: whiskeysteve on November 14, 2009, 03:29:10 PM
he doesnt make a habit of pontificating or moralising like your man makes out he does

Are the pejorative associations with the word 'pontificating' some sort of OWC anti-Catholic concoction?
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

haranguerer

ffs what happened the usual board police? generally if theres two threads remotely similar everyone takes the hump - in this instance theres a thread exactly the same, with exactly the same points being made, and noones linked to it?
i couldnt be arsed btw.

Anyway, its not my job; I'm looking at you ziggy - this is what being a mod is all about  :P

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

stew

I watched the same clip that ziggy put up and to be honest i see little to amuse anyone. I think kenny is a bit of a stuffed shirt but he should not be condemned for making the best living he can.

as for the eejit that was all over kenny's wages etc, he is nothing but a feckin nut job who hates on blacks and Muslims yet some on here would be decorating the cnut with medals or the nobel peace prize or whatever(even though that has been devalued beyond belief)

I will never be a fan of pats but if you are going to go after him have the sense to
make a lucid, well thought out argument and one last thing, make sure that you are beyond reproach yourself before taking your 15 minutes like this idiot failed to do.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.