Kenny confronted on Frontline

Started by Dougal Maguire, November 14, 2009, 10:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Does anyone think this was a bit of a setup to make Kenny look good after Jack O'Connor's comments the week before?

Sory - of course RTE wouldn't do that.  ;D

haranguerer

Seriously, most of this has being said before on that other thread, only in a less stupid way  :P

no magpie, that would be ridiculous. What were Jacks comments though? Cant stand that **** pat, never watch the thing

Stew - interesting that you think someones view on one thing (i.e. blacks and muslims) invalidates their opinions on other things...

How do you know hes not right about both?

Hardy

O'Connor took a cheap shot at Kenny and looked a smarmy p***k as a result - and that's quite a feat when you're sitting beside Pat Kenny.

He mentioned people with "trophy houses". I won't use quotes because I'm paraphrasing. What's a trophy house?, asked Kenny. Oh a house like yours, says O'Connor. Kenny responded with something like I'm not taking crap like that.

O'Connor said a few sentences later that he didn't mean to offend. Kenny didn't respond.

haranguerer

Oh my god - being smarmier than pat was a feat I thought impossible

mountainboii

Quote from: haranguerer on November 15, 2009, 10:15:31 AM
Seriously, most of this has being said before on that other thread, only in a less stupid way  :P

no magpie, that would be ridiculous. What were Jacks comments though? Cant stand that **** pat, never watch the thing

Stew - interesting that you think someones view on one thing (i.e. blacks and muslims) invalidates their opinions on other things...

You think he may have been right to shout "Black b**tards...Muslim...Islamic scum" at passers by in the middle of Grafton street?

pintsofguinness

Jesus christ  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

stew

Take yer head out of your arse, you know what he said.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

haranguerer

Quote from: AFS on November 15, 2009, 12:24:31 PM

You think he may have been right to shout "Black b**tards...Muslim...Islamic scum" at passers by in the middle of Grafton street?

No, obviously not - I said it to make a point. Him shouting the above doesnt invalidate everything else he ever says - I mean, people used to say the earth was flat, does that mean that everything else they said should similarly be ignored?

Bing Crosby .

Quote from: haranguerer on November 16, 2009, 01:18:15 AM

No, obviously not - I said it to make a point. Him shouting the above doesnt invalidate everything else he ever says - I mean, people used to say the earth was flat, does that mean that everything else they said should similarly be ignored?

This is the only sensible post on this thread .

Many many posters around here with   Head Up Hole syndrome I think .   

mountainboii

Quote from: haranguerer on November 16, 2009, 01:18:15 AM

Funny way of making your point. It certainly looks like you were suggesting that his racist outburst may have been 'right'.

Its reasonable to question things said by those with a track record of making illogical statements.

haranguerer

It doesnt. I asked a question.

It bothers me when people can't be arsed to think for themselves, so latch onto whatever the prevailing mood is. Its the reason, for eg, why 'the suns' support is so important for a political party, and also pretty much whats wrong with society. Its lazy to dismiss this lads views becasue of other things he said, or because he has mental problems. Why not try to make your own mind up and dismiss it for reasons that are valid to you?

And also, when yis're at it, actually think about whats being said before seizing your opportunity to 'out' a racist. It only displays an unpleasant 'holier than thou' attitude, and a large dose of ignorance.  ::)

Puckoon

Would anyone really refuse a higher grade of pay for their days work if they could get it?
???

stew

Quote from: haranguerer on November 16, 2009, 01:34:14 PM
It doesnt. I asked a question.

It bothers me when people can't be arsed to think for themselves, so latch onto whatever the prevailing mood is. Its the reason, for eg, why 'the suns' support is so important for a political party, and also pretty much whats wrong with society. Its lazy to dismiss this lads views becasue of other things he said, or because he has mental problems. Why not try to make your own mind up and dismiss it for reasons that are valid to you?

And also, when yis're at it, actually think about whats being said before seizing your opportunity to 'out' a racist. It only displays an unpleasant 'holier than thou' attitude, and a large dose of ignorance.  ::)

Haranguerer what has you questioning if this nutter was right nor not got to do with us having the ability to make up our own minds? I have been a minority of one quite a few times on this board but an eejit ranting about Black people and Muslims on the streets of Dublin has nothing to do with our ability to think for ourselves.

I thought about it, and I think he is either not wise in the head or he is a racist bollix, I still dont have to dondone what he said or debate the merits of his flawed points of view, they are not worth the time and they are unfair and disgusting.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

haranguerer

You continue to miss the point.

I didnt ask if he was right or not, I know what i think (that both of his outbursts are ridiculous btw).

I asked: How you didnt know he wasn't right - I was hoping that you'd come back with a better thought out answer than because hes a '...feckin nut job who hates on blacks and muslims', but of course  ::)

Zapatista

Good to see the money RTE are dishing out isn't being discussed.