Pleasure is in YOUR hands...

Started by Puckoon, November 13, 2009, 04:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8358629.stm

Spanish 'self love' lessons row 

A Spanish region's new approach to sex education has provoked anger by suggesting children be taught "self-exploration and self-pleasure".

The government of Extremadura launched a campaign based around the slogan "pleasure is in your own hands", which gives advice on masturbation.

The scheme has angered Spain's Roman Catholics and conservative media.

But youth workers have also been angered by the row, saying their plans were taken out of context.

'Self esteem'

The education campaign included producing leaflets, a "fanzine" and conducting workshops with children aged between 14 and 17.
"Extremadura should be pleased with itself," Pilar Rahola, a columnist in the Barcelona-based La Vanguardia newspaper, wrote.

"It may have the most unemployed young people in Spain but they will be the best at masturbation."

But Laura Garrido, president of Extremadura's youth council, said the lessons would be valuable to adolescents, and were part of a much broader education than the mechanics of masturbating.

"The lessons are based on the concepts of self esteem, confidence and male and female anatomy and physiology," she said.

Local media reported her as saying that press coverage of the lessons had been "manipulated and twisted".

What a bunch of wankers. :D

SLIGONIAN

Theres no way there gonna pull this off  ;)
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Puckoon

Id imagine it would be a long shot.

Minder

It would be a huge stain on the Spanish education system if this plan is carried out
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ziggysego

Talk about taking the matter in your own hands...
Testing Accessibility

ross4life

I'm surprised the Spanish would come out with something like that  :o if it was the dutch then 8)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Puckoon

I wonder will the idea spill over into any of the surrounding areas?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

omagh_gael

Awh cum off it lads, this is a serious issue!

Puckoon

We really got the shaft in ireland.

When I was growing up it was shoot to kill.

The spaniards have cracking weather, paella, sangria, Aránzazu Arantxa Isabel Maria Sánchez Vicario, plus the only controversial policy over there is "Shoot dont spill".

muppet

Quote from: Puckoon on November 13, 2009, 05:23:41 PM
We really got the shaft in ireland.

When I was growing up it was shoot to kill.

The spaniards have cracking weather, paella, sangria, Aránzazu Arantxa Isabel Maria Sánchez Vicario, plus the only controversial policy over there is "Shoot dont spill".

Shoot to thrill?
MWWSI 2017

Puckoon

anglocelt39

good to see the Spainards getting to grips with their problems
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

leenie

Spain's Roman Catholics and conservative media will take no pleasure from this....
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Puckoon

I wonder will these lessons rub off on the youth?