The Frontline

Started by An Fhairche Abu, November 09, 2009, 10:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Gnevin on November 10, 2009, 12:13:53 PM
Quote from: Hardy on November 10, 2009, 11:43:17 AM
edited at Hardy's request
Just so you all know. He admitted on D'arcy today he has a history of mental illness.

doesn't mean he was incorrect in this instance.

There's some amount of jobs for the boys in powerful positions in the south who seem to be accountable to no one but themselves.

leenie

classic...

yer man had some great points just a pity he lost the run of himself... i thought the audience would have clapped for him and not pat.. after all its the nature of the show to give opinions/criticisms etc (too cowardly)

some great lines...

had a great giggle at "i am leaving now, i might sue an old woman over a garden!"
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Gnevin

Quote from: johnneycool on November 10, 2009, 01:44:19 PM
Just so you all know. He admitted on D'arcy today he has a history of mental illness.

There's some amount of jobs for the boys in powerful positions in the south who seem to be accountable to no one but themselves.

Never claimed it meant he was incorrect or correct .Just put it out there as it is important to know.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gnevin on November 10, 2009, 03:27:23 PM
is it ?
why?

Never claimed it meant he was incorrect or correct .Just put it out there as it is important to know.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Declan on November 10, 2009, 10:56:58 AM
Fair play to him. Audience reaction was disgusting.
didnt see it , heard it on the radio on the way into work this morning.
Def has some good points on the hypocricy, on the lack of hours worked for salary, on the salary actually paid being way OTT - despite him taking a big cut.

However Its not kennys fault that he is inept as a tv commentator (consensus is that he is v good on radio and the bit I heard of him I'd agree).
The fault is with the rte paymasters who pay way over the odds and then whinge about needing money for tv licences to be raised.
Meanwhile they waste money hand over fist with various technical dealsings that have gone wrong due to more inept employees fecking up (the digital TV project is something I have been hearing about from within rte and its keystone cops at its best!)

Dec - do you expect any better from a nation of sheep than to clap the likes of kenny?

it might be out of politeness , but we really are a nation of idiots to put up with it!
AND then applaud it!

Gnevin

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 10, 2009, 03:33:32 PM

is it ?
why?

Well he felt it was important enough to mention on national radio. Plus people should have access to the facts before they say something they may regret .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Declan

QuoteDec - do you expect any better from a nation of sheep than to clap the likes of kenny?

I suppose not.

The thing about the RTE high earners who pontificate over the current economic malaise is the fact that I'm sure most of them minimise their tax liabilities as well by being paid through separate companies. 

ballinaman

The next Fr Neil Horan?? Odds on him making an appearence in Croker??? :D

ziggysego

Quote from: ballinaman on November 10, 2009, 03:58:20 PM

Na, if he really is following Fr. Horan's footsteps, he'll be on Britain's Got Talent next year  :D
Testing Accessibility

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gnevin on November 10, 2009, 03:44:49 PM

is it ?
why?

Well he felt it was important enough to mention on national radio. Plus people should have access to the facts before they say something they may regret .
thats your rationale ?
::)
completely irrelevent - bit like yourself and your stupid comments (and woeful spelling/sentences) ! - if thats your excuse.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Declan on November 10, 2009, 03:55:55 PM
QuoteDec - do you expect any better from a nation of sheep than to clap the likes of kenny?
I suppose not.
The thing about the RTE high earners who pontificate over the current economic malaise is the fact that I'm sure most of them minimise their tax liabilities as well by being paid through separate companies.
were they not exempt for a while under that 'artists' tax break thing !!

ballinaman

Quote from: ziggysego on November 10, 2009, 04:13:22 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on November 10, 2009, 03:58:20 PM

Na, if he really is following Fr. Horan's footsteps, he'll be on Britain's Got Talent next year  :D

That would actually be unbelievable!!! He'd have some go at the judges i tells ya!! :D

Gnevin

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 10, 2009, 04:15:55 PM

is it ?
why?

thats your rationale ?
::)
completely irrelevent - bit like yourself and your stupid comments (and woeful spelling/sentences) ! - if thats your excuse.
I assume you mean "That's" and "irrelevant"? 

What colour would you call this kettle?
;D ;D

I know for a fact at least one user appreciated me posting that information.

leenie

is it ?
why?

please explain as you have completely lost me!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Gnevin

Quote from: leenie on November 10, 2009, 04:50:15 PM

is it ?
why?

please explain as you have completely lost me!

Some people may use words such as "mad" ,"crazy" or "mental" without meaning anything bad by it not realising the man has a history of mental illness.