iPod & iTunes help

Started by Over the Bar, January 31, 2007, 11:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

i'm sure this has probably been covered before but i just got a new laptop and i'm trying to transfer the data from my iphone to a new itunes.  i've managed to transfer stuff that i have purchased on itunes but not all the rest of the stuff.  i've tried downloading some "ipod to new computer" software but they all seem to want to charge me for the pleasure. any ideas?

ziggysego

I spent the better part of 40mins downloading the update for iTunes 10. Right at the last possible minute, the internet crashed. Have to start all over again. ARGH!!!  >:(
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Quote from: lurganblue on September 04, 2010, 08:55:03 PM
i'm sure this has probably been covered before but i just got a new laptop and i'm trying to transfer the data from my iphone to a new itunes.  i've managed to transfer stuff that i have purchased on itunes but not all the rest of the stuff.  i've tried downloading some "ipod to new computer" software but they all seem to want to charge me for the pleasure. any ideas?

I dont know if this pertains to you - but I had an issue whereby I had been purchasing of itunes for years. For one reason or another the two computers I had use for itunes were no longer accesible to me - so I contacted itunes and they gave me a one time only free "redownload" to my new personal computer of all the items I had purchased (with the exception of a couple of items that were no longer available for some reason).

If this is the same for you - contact them and see what they can do.

lurganblue

Na unfortunately not puck. The stuff I purchased transferred ok. It's the stuff that I have downloaded off different sites which I can't now transfer from my iPhone to the new iTunes

fitzroyalty

ipod is being clean ive, will only play through the left speakers in the car and when its hooked up to the aux yoke on the hifi, yet works fine on my ipod earphones? Any ideas?

Main Street

The output jack on the iPod is fine, then the first thing I would suspect is the cable you use in the car.

Bensars

Quote from: fitzroyalty on September 06, 2010, 01:16:09 PM
ipod is being clean ive, will only play through the left speakers in the car and when its hooked up to the aux yoke on the hifi, yet works fine on my ipod earphones? Any ideas?

Some Car stereos require a specific cable. I have a Kenwood stereo in my car and it requires a cable that connects into the jack and usb port simultaneously.

Minder

Anyone know how to get an IPhone out of "recovery mode" without having to restore it?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Main Street

Quote from: Minder on November 21, 2010, 02:17:36 PM
Anyone know how to get an IPhone out of "recovery mode" without having to restore it?
I don't, but as not knowing the solution is not the problem, I offer you a link that appears first in a basic search
http://cybernetnews.com/get-iphone-out-of-recovery-mode/

Minder

Quote from: Main Street on November 21, 2010, 03:42:48 PM
Quote from: Minder on November 21, 2010, 02:17:36 PM
I don't, but as not knowing the solution is not the problem, I offer you a link that appears first in a basic search
http://cybernetnews.com/get-iphone-out-of-recovery-mode/

Thanks, tried that link to no avail last night. This query is actually on behalf of Tony Baloney.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Main Street

Quote from: Minder on November 21, 2010, 04:19:16 PM
This query is actually on behalf of Tony Baloney.
Then would that not be the blind leading the blind?
;D

Catch the high ball

I have an 80gb ipod classic.

Recently when attempting to charge it via USB plug and via computer it hasn't connected.

It will only charge via the docking station. Also used 2 different USB leads to connect and still didn't work. Can't put feckin music on!
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

andoireabu

the sisters ipod suhin seemed to freeze yesterday. the menu selections still work but when you press play on a song it doesn't play.  do any of you know can it be sorted or is it banjaxed?  Bloody thing isn't a year old yet
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

muppet

Quote from: andoireabu on November 28, 2010, 04:33:07 PM
the sisters ipod suhin seemed to freeze yesterday. the menu selections still work but when you press play on a song it doesn't play.  do any of you know can it be sorted or is it banjaxed?  Bloody thing isn't a year old yet

Happens from time to time. Needs a reset: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1320
MWWSI 2017

andoireabu

Quote from: muppet on November 28, 2010, 04:35:28 PM
Quote from: andoireabu on November 28, 2010, 04:33:07 PM

Happens from time to time. Needs a reset: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1320
sorted. cheers chap. saved a lot of ball ache sending it away
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!