iPod & iTunes help

Started by Over the Bar, January 31, 2007, 11:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_Berg_316

should be simple enough to find - i do it all the time for copying music from mates iPods and then just load it into my iTunes library and add to my own library.  I think with music the folder is actually called Music and then when you click into it there are other subfolders - id imagine with videos it will be the same - a bit of browsing around and you should find it - the file may have a meaningless name though when you copy it to your computer and store it whereever and then load it back into iTunes it will come up fine.
thats the crack she said with one leg up above on the table

Main Street

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 13, 2009, 04:30:33 PM
Anyone know a quick way of getting all the songs on itunes that have a little "!" beside their name onto the one page so that I can delete them all in the one go instead of having to delete them one by one?
They are called dupes, after a well known political entity :)

To get around the tedious task of eliminating dupes one by one from your iTunes library, you need to get an application called a dupe eliminator.

This may work if you use Windows.
http://rapidshare.com/files/92898062/Dupe_Eliminator_andrewgalpin.rar

screenexile

I generally flick down through the list and any with a ! beside them hold control and click on it and you can highlight all of them and delete them in one big whack.

Main Street

Well, that's what I do to delete the tracks/albums properly in the first place ;)
(after going the long way).

As Laoislad has not replied to say thanks for our advice we will never know how he got on.
I suspect he has not the patience for keyboard dexterity or he could be just too used to quickies.

cicfada

hi while we are oN  the subject of Ipods, maybe somebody could help me please! I cannot turn on my itunes programme! I click on it  or right click and  hit 'open' but to no avail!  Thanks in advance!! By the way I did reinstall the programme thinking that woud help but no it still does the same!

Main Street

Quote from: cicfada on May 20, 2009, 08:13:17 PM
hi while we are oN  the subject of Ipods,
You did not notice the name of the thread?  :)

Quotemaybe somebody could help me please! I cannot turn on my itunes programme! I click on it  or right click and  hit 'open' but to no avail!  Thanks in advance!! By the way I did reinstall the programme thinking that woud help but no it still does the same!
What OS are you using? 
If its Mac, you just rebuild the desktop, zap the pram, which is done by restarting  holding down a few keys
Command-Option-P-R, continuing to press until you hear the startup chime for the second time. This resets the computer's parameter random-access memory (PRAM).
If its Windows
Find the iTunes application, wherever it is,  Windows xp - Programs   and try clicking on the application from there.
If that works,  then delete the icons you were clicking  and make new ones.

if it doesn't work,
then reinstall windows ;D

cicfada

Thanks Main street for your assistance but it is still not working! It was fine last week but all of a sudden it's not working! I did what you suggested, ie went into programs (the os is xp by the way), clicked on itunes but it still does not work! very frustrating!

Main Street

cicfada,

I have no idea.
Well maybe one
Do you use Nort**s Security?
check to see if it has decided to block iTunes
you may have to permit it to allow you access iTunes.

Are there 2 accounts set up?
right click on the iTunes icon and select
run as
and select
current user

But that would be limit of what I can remember from using Windows

cicfada

I do have Norton security but how do you check what the security settings are anyway? I have gone into it but can't fnd the seings!

cicfada

right I amin settings of Norton but now do not know what to change! Christ almighty what the hell happened to my computer?

Main Street

Whatever you do, just purge Nortons from your system, it is a plague.
Use something else which works.

I canĀ“t help you with finding out what Nortons blocks or unblocking what it does.
Cant you just disable it now?

Here is an apple doc which looks interesting
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1275

Tthe standard solution is delete all trace of iTunes and Quick Time
after you delete from your  - control panel -  remove programs-
do a search for more files not deleted

Then downl and install both QT and iT.
Disable Nortons.
then restart

Our Nail Loney

What do I have to do to view the hidden files on my ipod?? Trying to fish out these films here from mine and dunno what to do on Vista to show all the hidden folders and files, knew how to do it on XP but never done it on this

Edit to say: Doesnt matter, I worked out how to show hidden files but there is no way in hell I will be able to find the films I have on it

:(

anportmorforjfc

Is there a way to add files to my ipod on another computer and then keep them when i go home to use my own itunes? I have added files from another computer, but when i go to add files from my itunes i must delete the added files from another computer.

Archie Mitchell

Use copypod or similar software to copy the songs on your iPod to the hard drive of your computer and then add into iTunes that way.

anportmorforjfc