iPod & iTunes help

Started by Over the Bar, January 31, 2007, 11:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

the Deel Rover

It is l lad however when i put it on the docking station there is no sign of life at all it was working grand yesterday
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

joebloggs

Hold in the menu button and the midde circle button for 30 seconds. this will reset it. I have a docking station that causes problems like this quite often.

the Deel Rover

Fair play to ya joe worked a treat and who said this board had gone to the dogs
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Karl Kennedy

When I plug my iPod in it won't appear in itunes. I've tried resetting the iPod but it didn't help.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Main Street

Does it charge up? Does it play?
tried another usb port?

if so then reinstall iTunes

and then the board can return to the dogs.

Karl Kennedy

Quote from: Main Street on April 02, 2009, 05:36:01 PM

Does it charge up? Does it play?
tried another usb port?

if so then reinstall iTunes

and then the board can return to the dogs.

The iPod works ok. When I plug it into computer it used to appear right away in iTunes but it doesn't now. It doesn't appear to charge when connected to computer now either. When I plug it in, the computer beeps so it is registering with the computer in some way when I plug it in.

I did reinstall iTunes there recently and I don't think iPod has worked in computer since that, is it something to do with that?

Main Street

I suppose it is a significant coincidence that it hasn't showed since an update.
Are you using Windows?

Does it register in  <My Computer>  as an external device?
Possibly changing the letter that the  iPod drive is assigned would have an effect.
Change from a  "G" to an "I"
You do that somewhere in Administrative Tools - Computer Management.

Karl Kennedy

I reinstalled the iTunes again to see if that would help but the iPod is still not registering when I attach the lead to computer. As before when I plug it in, the computer beeps so it is registering with the computer in some way when I plug it in.

Main Street I didn't get any further than Administrative Tools - Computer Management as I wasn't sure what to do next.

The first problem arose when I was freeing memory on my computer through the control panel and I think I must have unistalled iTunes or some part of it anyway by mistake so that's why I reinstalled iTunes in the first place.

Would I have a too updated a version of iTunes or something? I have installed iTunes 8. My iPod is iPod nano third generation.

Also the iPod is not showing up in my computer.

Anyone any ideas?

Karl Kennedy

Got it sorted. Had to go through a load of stuff in 'computer management'!

Main Street

I was going to guide you through it KK and failing that   through usb power management.

The Clones to Ballybay road has less twists and potholes. Glad you got there in the end.

The Real Laoislad

Anyone know a quick way of getting all the songs on itunes that have a little "!" beside their name onto the one page so that I can delete them all in the one go instead of having to delete them one by one?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Our Nail Loney

New question...

On my iPod I have a few films/TV shows that I put on ages ago from my old computer that I don't have the original copies anymore... Now I have to fill an iPod for a mate whos going to the States and he was saying could I put the films on his for him to watch on the plane...

So what I am looking to know is there a way I can rip the films from my iPod to my laptop with a view to copying them over to his iPod?? Is there a simple or even complicated way as I wouldnt have time to sit and download the stuff all again??

Cheers Main Street! I am guessing that's who will reply!

C_Berg_316

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on May 20, 2009, 08:27:50 AM
New question...

On my iPod I have a few films/TV shows that I put on ages ago from my old computer that I don't have the original copies anymore... Now I have to fill an iPod for a mate whos going to the States and he was saying could I put the films on his for him to watch on the plane...

So what I am looking to know is there a way I can rip the films from my iPod to my laptop with a view to copying them over to his iPod?? Is there a simple or even complicated way as I wouldnt have time to sit and download the stuff all again??

you should be able to go in to the ipod via MyComputer and copy the stuff from the files in there.  Note the files may be hidden so you will have to select the option to view hidden files.
thats the crack she said with one leg up above on the table

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: C_Berg_316 on May 20, 2009, 09:31:14 AM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on May 20, 2009, 08:27:50 AM
New question...

you should be able to go in to the ipod via MyComputer and copy the stuff from the files in there.  Note the files may be hidden so you will have to select the option to view hidden files.

Dead on mate, cheers... Any idea if there are a lot of sub folders or what to go through or is it simple enough to find?