iPod & iTunes help

Started by Over the Bar, January 31, 2007, 11:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

To watch anything on an iPod it needs to be in mp4 format. There are a number of free converters you can get for it if you bang it into Google.

I would have no idea how to rip a DVD from boxsets though or what format they well be ripped into so you're on your own with that one.

I also think most Ipods are video Ipods anyway. An hour and a half piece of film is about 300MB so you're maybe talking 8GB up for holding whatever you want although you're probably better just trandferring them from your itunes folder as you need them to save space.

Main Street

Quote from: downgirl on September 03, 2008, 01:52:33 AM
Help help help...was downloading an update from itunes, once it finished tried to open itunes and it wont let me, it's saying there are one or more components missing, and I have to reinstall it.  Does this mean I have to delete the one I have from the hard drive and reinstall a new one; if so have I lost all my music or is there a way I can get it from the ipod to the laptop again???  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Was this an iTunes update which went haywire.?
On Windows?

I don't know if deleting iTunes  (by way of remove programs in The Control Panel) will delete the iTunes music Library.
You can just duplicate the music library and put in a folder safe  away from harm before you try anything with the iTunes update /reinsatall.

Instructions are given earlier in the thread.

Off The Fence

While we are on the subject.. Does Anyone know how much Ipods are at the minute in the States i.e. 8GB or 16GB Touch?

Great Leap Forward

My I-tunes are all on my old work computer which I have no access to. I just use an AC charger for my I-pod but I now want to add some tunes to it.

Is there anyway to transfer the tunes from my ipod on to another computer? I don't want to have to upload 1000 songs on to I-tunes again.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Off The Fence on September 03, 2008, 12:20:52 PM
While we are on the subject.. Does Anyone know how much Ipods are at the minute in the States i.e. 8GB or 16GB Touch?

8GB  $300
16GB  $400

Thats with Circuit City!

Owenmoresider

Folks, I have read stuff about watching films and TV programmes on the iPod, yet on iTunes I can't see these anywhere >:(, yet they seem to be on the UK version. Is it simply not available for Ireland, like most things on the net (take a bow, BBC). Also, the radio never shows on the Ipod either, when it's on iTunes and appears on my 'settings' to change the main menu. I assume it's not available, or at least for the ordinary iPod?

The Real Laoislad

Right I downloaded a load of new movies through torrents,I then converted them for my ipod and had no bother transferring them across..
They movies were taking up huge space on my laptop so i deleted them off my memory but i still have them on my ipod...
My question is when I next connect my ipod to my laptop will the movies on my ipod be erased as they are no longer on my laptop..If so is there away to keep stuff on your ipod without it being on your itunes folder?

Thanks
You'll Never Walk Alone.

lfdown2

yeah afaik they will be lost though I think if u choose not to sync movies next time you plug it in they will stay, but you also won't be able to add any movies I think...... Unless you choose the option to sync only checked items (or something like that) but that could be all total bs

screenexile

Nah you should be ok as long as you have the "manually select music and video's" box checked on your itunes. Can't see why you wouldn't be able to add others as well if you like.

lfdown2

Quote from: screenexile on October 03, 2008, 11:48:53 AM
Nah you should be ok as long as you have the "manually select music and video's" box checked on your itunes. Can't see why you wouldn't be able to add others as well if you like.

just what i said!!  ;D

Rufus T Firefly

With apologies if this has already been mentioned on this thread, as I have not gone back to look.

I have an 80Gb Classic iPod - my first iPod, so don't know what previous editions were like. My problem is with the sound / volumes. I have the volume setting as high as it will go - however walking along a busy street, the noise of traffic etc can drown out the music! I cannot see anything on the iPod itself to change - is this an issue and if so is there any sort of fix?

Ta in advance!  ;D

Kerry Mike

Rufus

Go to Main Menu , then Settings, then Turn Volumn Limit up to the fecking max, you can also try Turning off Sound Check.

And get a pair of those earplug type headphones, the wans that fit into your ear that block out background noise, I find them great when I'm flying which is often. I am as deaf as a plank though after them yokes but you only live the once.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Main Street

KM, he already has the volume setting maxed the limit, do you have some version that comes with a turbo volume setting, a special extra for when you're on the high road bombing along in your tractor.

I think your deafness could be associated with compressing the ear wax into hard lumps after shoving those plugs in too deep and with too much force.

tyrone86

Is there any way of changing the name of tracks on Itunes from Track 1 Track 2 etc without editing them manually?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Kerry Mike on November 06, 2008, 12:01:49 AM
Rufus

Go to Main Menu , then Settings, then Turn Volumn Limit up to the fecking max, you can also try Turning off Sound Check.

And get a pair of those earplug type headphones, the wans that fit into your ear that block out background noise, I find them great when I'm flying which is often. I am as deaf as a plank though after them yokes but you only live the once.

As MS has said, I've tried that Mike - but to no avail - I assume there is nothing on the computer I can mess with when I am charging / synchronising?

Taken on board the tip about the headphones Mike - Ta.