iPod & iTunes help

Started by Over the Bar, January 31, 2007, 11:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

The songs i have downloaded and transferred won't work on itunes. It says these songs are not compatible with this version of itunes. anyone know why this is?

The Corporal

You'll probably have to download a newer version of iTunes!

Sam Maguire

Quote from: Sam Maguire on August 05, 2008, 11:12:58 PM
got a new remote for the ipod. it doesn't seem to work automatically, does it need connected to the ipod first in some way to get it going?

anyone?

Main Street

Usually just do a search about    'ipod remote  <your brand> set up problems'
would get you to the hub of the matter

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Lads

iPod is skipping tunes like fcuk - old chestnut of a problem but come on, any advice - and don't be too technical or say buy a new iPod!
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Puckoon

This happened me, and I think it was related to having the correct update of both itunes and the correct update for the ipod.

It happened me with tunes Id bought over itunes, and when I didnt upload the correct version of itunes (im lazy like that) or the correct software upgrade for the ipod - it skipped those tunes.

Then a few months later Id to buy a new ipod....

downgirl

Help...put a few new cd's onto iTunes this afternoon, put the iPod on to sync, and it never picked it up as being there, nothing synced but it says do not disconnect even though it wasn't picked up as connected on iTunes; chanced it and turned the computer on and disconnected it, its still saying do not disconnect and I can't turn it off...what do I do!!

Main Street

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on August 08, 2008, 09:16:16 PM
Lads

iPod is skipping tunes like fcuk - old chestnut of a problem but come on, any advice - and don't be too technical or say buy a new iPod!

If it's all /many/ most of the songs, you can try resetting your iPod a few times
Might work.

Most likely you will have to restore and update the software in iTunes.
All the music that is on IPod wil be lost and everything will be cleaned up.

Recopy all your tunes onto iPod.

Will work grand.

iPod has a hard drive, don't chuck it around the place.
Follow protocols for ejecting iPod when you have it connected to the computer, the software doesn't like to be suddenly terminated by a cable being yanked off.

downgirl

Yea but the computer wasn't picking it up as being connected so I couldnt click on safely remove hardware

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: downgirl on August 08, 2008, 10:42:54 PM
Help...put a few new cd's onto iTunes this afternoon, put the iPod on to sync, and it never picked it up as being there, nothing synced but it says do not disconnect even though it wasn't picked up as connected on iTunes; chanced it and turned the computer on and disconnected it, its still saying do not disconnect and I can't turn it off...what do I do!!

Hold the centre button and the top button of the wheel at the same time until the screen goes blank,This should reset the ipod for you
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Main Street

Quote from: downgirl on August 08, 2008, 10:42:54 PM
You must have been thinking of Pints at the time  ;D
You cant undo that thought.

But you will probably be all right with resetting it a few times
This is a minor glitch usually.
Turn off sync, thats just for  the lazy gobs.
After you are done resetting
Try connecting it to the computer and waiting for iTunes to read it  and then eject it from iTunes
wait until iPod say its ok to to disconnect.
Keep repeating until its all working smooth.

downgirl

Thanks fellas...think we have it sorted now  ;D

ildanach

got a new lap top and i want to transfer itunes library onto it from old laptop. anyone know how i can do this? Thanks
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Main Street

Quote from: ildanach on August 11, 2008, 12:49:25 PM
got a new lap top and i want to transfer itunes library onto it from old laptop. anyone know how i can do this? Thanks

I know how I would do it on the Mac, just use the Migration assistant tool.

Assuming you have Windows OS
can you connect one laptop to the other using firewire cable so that the old laptop just shows up as a hard drive on your new laptop?

If not, copy your entire iTunes Libary folder onto an external hard drive or one/many dvd disk
Rename it any name you want
eg  Itunes 1

On the new laptop open up my documents, and copy it into the itunes folder

Open  Itunes up on the new laptop
Go to  File,  -   add folder to library,
Browse for the iTunes 1 folder  and tell  Itunes to import it.
Then it is imported into Itunes library.

if you want to get your playlists into the  new Itunes
then you need to do a few more things, just ask if you need that.

ildanach

Quote from: Main Street on August 11, 2008, 01:37:43 PM
if you want to get your playlists into the  new Itunes
then you need to do a few more things, just ask if you need that.

Thanks for that main street. I want  to get the play list in also so all help is appreciated
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.