Ciarán McDonald

Started by corcaioch, November 05, 2009, 05:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corcaioch

Mid Down Gael

What a genius off a footballer. Legend.

Dougal

was just after lookin at most of them only 10 mins ago.what a legend,one of those footballes ill never forget.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

ballinaman

Hero. You should have seen some of the things he did against poor club opposition for Cross. Unbelievable

Top of the hill

Fantastic player. Not just for his scoring. Vision and passingsome of the best i have ever seen.
. . He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue
That's the Chicago way

RedandGreenSniper

A gift to the game. I only wish I had seen him play more often at club level. It only tends to be knockout games I see Crossmolina in but some of the things McDonald can do is amazing. We should treasure him while we have him.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Lar Naparka

I don't imagine we will see the likes of him again- at least in a Mayo jersey.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Fear ón Srath Bán

If ever there were a player who deserved an All-Ireland on skill alone, Ciarán Mc's your man.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 06, 2009, 12:40:07 AM
I don't imagine we will see the likes of him again- at least in a Mayo jersey.

That's for sure and I'm many a year your younger Lar!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

SLIGONIAN

How old is he and how much longer will he play with club? Great player.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ludermor

Dont think he would be 34 yet, could probably stay another few years if the body holds up

the Deel Rover

Quote from: ludermor on November 06, 2009, 09:13:57 AM
Dont think he would be 34 yet, could probably stay another few years if the body holds up

he is 35 next year a lot of miles on the clock i can't see him playing much more  he had a really bad knee injury this year . jimmy nallen will be 37 next year, a few of us were saying after the knockmore match that its doubtfull if we see them in a cross jersey again  :(
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Davitt Man

All Ireland Final Club Final 2003 Cross v Nemo, McD was class, he roasted Martin Cronin in the 1st half, where could someone get a copy of that game???

AbbeySider

Warms the heart and makes me sad all at the same time.
Kudos to whoever put together the playlist.

He was absolutely sublime. Gave us great memories.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Davitt Man on November 06, 2009, 09:45:37 AM
All Ireland Final Club Final 2003 Cross v Nemo, McD was class, he roasted Martin Cronin in the 1st half, where could someone get a copy of that game???

the club have a video library which has most of the matches going back 20 years . greg burke and pj hughes are the lads who done all of the videos i'm sure they would have a copy give me a pm and i'll try and get it for you davitt man.   
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001