Fundraising ideas for GAA clubs

Started by ha ha derry, November 05, 2009, 11:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ha ha derry

Kevin Lynch's Hurling club are starting the construction of new changing facilities on Monday. Ideas would be welcomed. We have been using portacabins for the best part of four years with no shower facilities etc.  :'( :-[ :'(

drici

The parochial house has a leak, which happens to be over Jack's head. Ted and Dougal move him, only to have another leak start over Jack's new position. Ted decides to hold a raffle to raise money for the roof. He calls Bishop Brennan and secures permission to raffle a Rover 200. Ted and Dougal leave to retrieve the Rover. Upon their return, Dougal spots a small dent on the bonnet. Ted is dismayed and tries to "tap it away" with a hammer from the tool kit. However, after much time has passed, Ted has only succeeded in destroying the car's exterior.

Realising that they are in dire straits if Bishop Brennan should learn what was done to the Rover, Ted decides to procure another. The priests remember that Father Finnegan, the so-called "dancing priest", has a Rover identical to the ruined original. They travel to Finnegan's home to "borrow" the Rover. Ted gets permission and the keys. As soon as Ted leaves his sight, Father Finnegan drops dead of a heart attack.

Realising that they can't give the borrowed Rover away, Ted and Dougal rig the raffle in order for them to win and return the car. The plan involves Ted, as the Master of Ceremonies, calling the number 11. This number will be Dougal's. On the day of the event, Ted and Dougal work feverishly to sell tickets. They also secure Father Billy O'Dwyer, a.k.a "Spinmaster", to provide music. However, he only has one record and a major gambling problem, which results in his purchase of 2000 raffle tickets. Later, the announcement that the organizers have won the raffle manages to suck the life out of the event.

Back at the parochial house, Mrs. Doyle reveals that Father Finnegan has died. Ted is highly relieved, realizing he will be able to keep the car. However, things turn to the worst quickly. Ted discovers that a highly inebriated Father Jack has stolen the car in an effort to acquire more drink. He asks Father Jack what he has done with the car. Jack explains curtly that he ran into two trucks. When Ted and Dougal inspect the damage, they discover that the rear half has been smashed beyond repair. While they are out, Father O'Dwyer steals the raffle money to pay off his debts, leaving Ted and Dougal with nothing. With the weathermen predicting rain until August, and the leak getting worse and worse, Ted, Jack, Dougal and Mrs Doyle are forced to spend the rest of the year in anoraks.

redhugh

Would love to see Blind Date, with Brolly hosting .I was at strictly come dancing in Edendork with Brolly on the panel and he was serious value.I'm sure in his hometown ripping the piss outta folk he would pull the crowd.

lynchbhoy

a gig with Eoghan Quigg ending the bill Ha Ha would fill the hall with teenyboppers at least, youd make money !

I've also sent ont a couple of ideas to Owenbeg so he will bring them to the committee

I'm sure some people would pay big money for you to be involved in one !
;)

Owenbeg

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 06, 2009, 01:50:34 PM
a gig with Eoghan Quigg ending the bill Ha Ha would fill the hall with teenyboppers at least, youd make money !

I've also sent ont a couple of ideas to Owenbeg so he will bring them to the committee

I'm sure some people would pay big money for you to be involved in one !
;)

U talking bout me Lynchbhoy, it would take some lookers to get me on stage and i doubt meg fox is available!!

Joe did compare for our star in their eyes last year while eoghan was on the judging panel along with Paul McCloskey, Alison Feliming, UTV and Mary Dillon a local singer.

Brolly was some value when he was chatting to eoghan but was brilliant all nite

Captain Scarlet

SHAMELESS PLUG! But this is what we're doing.

BATTLE OF THE BOYNE
Let's get ready to rumble with White Collar Boxing. Ever fancied yourself as a bit of an Iron Mike? Well now is your chance to learn Queensbury Rules from a man who fought in the 1996 Olympics. You will be given intensive training in terms of technique and fitness by former pro boxer Cathal O'Grady for five weeks before stepping into the ring. Experience what it's like being a real fighter with the crowd, an announcer as well as your personal choice of entrance music.
The event is being organised  by Johnstownbridghe GFC in Kildare and will take place on December 18th at the Hamlet Court Hotel. All equipment will be provided, all you need is to bring is the pain!! (to your opponent)
Anyone interested in taking part please contact Michael O'Brien on 087-2516880 or Elaine O'Brien on 087-0554642 ASAP as training will be starting very shortly. If you get your name in early with a friend you will have the option of going toe to toe with a buddy. A DVD of the night will also be available afterwards.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on November 07, 2009, 05:17:19 PM

BATTLE OF THE BOYNE
Let's get ready to rumble with White Collar Boxing. Ever fancied yourself as a bit of an Iron Mike? Well now is your chance to learn Queensbury Rules from a man who fought in the 1996 Olympics. You will be given intensive training in terms of technique and fitness by former pro boxer Cathal O'Grady for five weeks before stepping into the ring. Experience what it's like being a real fighter with the crowd, an announcer as well as your personal choice of entrance music.
The event is being organised  by Johnstownbridghe GFC in Kildare and will take place on December 18th at the Hamlet Court Hotel. All equipment will be provided, all you need is to bring is the pain!! (to your opponent)
Anyone interested in taking part please contact Michael O'Brien on 087-2516880 or Elaine O'Brien on 087-0554642 ASAP as training will be starting very shortly. If you get your name in early with a friend you will have the option of going toe to toe with a buddy. A DVD of the night will also be available afterwards.
Peter Farrell v Ger Haslem would be a sellout !
or any Farrell v Farrell !
How about Colm Farrell v Paddy or Joe O'Donoghue!

feck the ring ropes would want to be steel ropes !
:D

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 09, 2009, 09:02:08 AM

BATTLE OF THE BOYNE
Peter Farrell v Ger Haslem would be a sellout !
or any Farrell v Farrell !
How about Colm Farrell v Paddy or Joe O'Donoghue!

feck the ring ropes would want to be steel ropes !
:D

Our club did the same recently - heard it went very well.

An auction can be very successful with pretty no risk as you're just relying on items being donated. Better suited for the Summer though.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Mac hinery

magpie seanie

BATTLE OF THE BOYNE
[/quote

Actually trained and fought in our one in August and its great craic. Good luck with it. Cathal and Seán are great lads.

Any craic

How about cycling to Croke Park from your club? That's what the lads from Carrickcruppen did. They are interviewed on this video and said they did it in 2 hours, including stops. Ok, they were kidding and it would be a bit far for a lot of clubs but they tied it in with a match so they made a few days of it, and they had a great night when they returned to their club. There's a few other ideas and pictures on this video from Faughanvale, Ahoghill, Loughinisland, Dundrum, Dunloy, Ballycastle and so on. The video is on the new Ulster GAA YouTube website.

http://www.youtube.com/user/UlsterGAA#p/a/u/1/rONlx2tHgFs

Big Puff

Any innnovative ideas for fundraising for gaa clubs across the country?

DownFanatic

Quote from: Big Puff on January 01, 2011, 07:45:42 PM

We did Live Pig Racing two years ago and it was an outstanding success. Theres a good bit of work that goes in to it though.

Celt_Man

Quote from: DownFanatic on January 01, 2011, 08:37:13 PM
Quote from: Big Puff on January 01, 2011, 07:45:42 PM

We did Live Pig Racing two years ago and it was an outstanding success. Theres a good bit of work that goes in to it though.

Sounds interesting - any more info on it?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

antoinse

A guy in Longford gave me a DVD of what they call 'Search for a Star' and has encouraged  me to use it in our club. He says it started in Dromard for a few years and then  the minor club in Lanesboro started to use it. It has proven to be a great success and has been running for the past ,I think, 4 years and they are getting together for another run in February. Give Joe O'Brien a shout and he will give you more than I can. I presume he will not mind me using his name here.