Feel proud of yourself lads

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 03, 2009, 05:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteThere was a time when a Frenchman only had to order a pint of beer and women would collapse at his feet with desire.

Well those days, they are, 'ow you say, fini!

The Irish accent was yesterday voted the world's sexiest - knocking the Gauls off the top spot they've held for decades.

Men with an Emerald Isle brogue, as promoted by stars like Colin Farrell and James Nesbitt, came top in a poll of 5,000 women worldwide.

The fall from grace of the French accent was laid firmly at the feet of president Nicolas Sarkozy, who has been accused of giving his countrymen a bad name by leering at women while married to Carla Bruni.

The Italian accent was deemed to be second most sexy followed by Scottish. The French only managed to limp into fourth place, just ahead of Australian. English was sixth.

The study also found six in ten women admitted they hade been succumbed to seduction by someone purely because of their accent.

And four out of ten said they would much rather go to bed with a man who had a nice accent compared with a gruff, harsh one.

The sexiest accents are: 1 Irish; 2 Italian; 3 Scottish; 4 French; 5 Australian; 6 English; 7 Swedish; 8 Spanish; 9 Welsh; 10 American.

Doogie Browser

Aye, thats dead on hi Gab, know what I mean like.

Farrandeelin

Which variation of the Irish accent is it though? I believe there's 32 accents all in the one island! ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

screenexile

I think it's maybe the softer of the Irish Brogues Gabe... the ole Loughshore  "CHEESE BURGA BLACK SAAAASSS!" Brigade were hardly polled ;)

However Ballinascreen has a dulcet tone that is Universally loved around the world  8) 8) 8) 8)

Gabriel_Hurl

that's ballymaguigan or ballinderry you are referring to there loopy  :D

Doogie Browser

The Real Laoislad

Defiantly the midlands accent I'd say
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Square Ball

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 03, 2009, 05:15:18 PM
Which variation of the Irish accent is it though? I believe there's 32 accents all in the one island! ;)

theres about 32 in west Belfast alone like
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Capt Pat

I don't know which accent is the best, but I am sure they were not talking about the Louth accent.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 03, 2009, 05:45:49 PM
I don't know which accent is the best, but I am sure they were not talking about the Louth accent.

or the Wexford one
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Square Ball

or that annoying Ballymenahay one,
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Zapatista

Strange top 10 for a world wide survey.

Scrap that. Yeah we're hot 8)