Will Wexford ever honour their greatest sportsman?

Started by Silky, November 02, 2009, 11:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: EddieMerx on November 09, 2009, 07:34:43 PM
No point in arguing with somebody who doesn't seem to have perspective, no doubt the person commissioned to do the sculpting would be some foreign manufacturer (you do know that our tender process goes to the cheapest contractor which most likely would be some manufacturer in Spain or Turkey) That would be great for the Local Economy ::)

You are short on facts and big on assumptions but of course you are the one with perspective.

I suspect there is a lot more to this story than meets the eye but no doubt we most likely won't hear it from you..
MWWSI 2017

EddieMerx

this coming from the guy who thought that Dungarvan was in Wexford ;D ;D

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Lecale2

Either Nicky Rackard is going to be remembered in Wexford or he is not. A statue is fitting for a man who did so much to raise the profile of the county, I think.

Naming a bridge might work out but I'm reminded of the road in Ballymena, Co Antrim, named after Christy Ring. Very few in Ballymena know that the Ring Road is actually named after the Cork hurler.

flairgun

Quote from: EddieMerx on November 09, 2009, 10:23:03 AM
Quote from: Lecale2 on November 09, 2009, 09:52:06 AM
A very poor response Eddie. Would ye just buiild a feckin statue like every other County? Have you something against Nicky Rackard?

Poor response? Balanced and reasoned explaining that the Public finances are shot! I think naming the bridge which is probably one of the most famous structures in the South East is far more honouring, I am surprised by the sheer lack of economic knowledge shown here, you can't build what you can't afford! (that's what got us into this economic mess)
Whether times are good or bad, you could always use the argument about "better things to be spending the money on". If that was accepted, there would never be any public monuments built.
Was there a specific spot proposed for it? I'm not that familiar with Wexford Town, but from what I remember the town centre is tight and twisty with not a lot of open space.

muppet

Quote from: flairgun on November 09, 2009, 09:27:43 PM
Quote from: EddieMerx on November 09, 2009, 10:23:03 AM
Quote from: Lecale2 on November 09, 2009, 09:52:06 AM
A very poor response Eddie. Would ye just buiild a feckin statue like every other County? Have you something against Nicky Rackard?

Poor response? Balanced and reasoned explaining that the Public finances are shot! I think naming the bridge which is probably one of the most famous structures in the South East is far more honouring, I am surprised by the sheer lack of economic knowledge shown here, you can't build what you can't afford! (that's what got us into this economic mess)
Whether times are good or bad, you could always use the argument about "better things to be spending the money on". If that was accepted, there would never be any public monuments built.
Was there a specific spot proposed for it? I'm not that familiar with Wexford Town, but from what I remember the town centre is tight and twisty with not a lot of open space.

Very fuggin tight by the sounds of it.
MWWSI 2017