Top 3 most boring intercounty championship matches

Started by Orior, November 02, 2009, 08:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

surely every intercounty camogie game ever played would be in contention?? Likewise ladies football!

Canalman

3 that come to mind

Galway v Roscommon in Salthill c 3 years ago. Zero atmosphere.
Dublin v Westmeath AIQF 2006 I think. Dung and freezing.
Dublin v Armagh in Lgue in CP  2003. Still thawing out after it.

blanketattack

Cork v Kerry 2002 Munster semi-final. 0-8 a piece in the worst rain a GAA match has ever been played in. After just 10 seconds of rain I was drenched to the bone. It was just after Ireland lost the penalty shootout to Spain. I couldn't see more than 10 feet in front of me with the rain.

saffron sam2

Donegal Mayo AI semi-final 1992.

Awful beyond words, although it only cost three free state punts to stand on the Hill.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Billys Boots

Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 03, 2009, 01:17:06 PM
Donegal Mayo AI semi-final 1992.

Awful beyond words, although it only cost three free state punts to stand on the Hill.

I agree Sam, an attendee couldn't possibly have guessed that Donegal would win the final after that morass.  It didn't look any better from the Canal End. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Santino

Armagh v Monaghan qualifier this yr is the worst match i have ever attended by some margin

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

mackers

Quote from: Santino on November 03, 2009, 02:21:35 PM
Armagh v Monaghan qualifier this yr is the worst match i have ever attended by some margin
Couldn't agree more, all the other matches listed were only 70 mins long, we had to put up with extra time..........
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 02, 2009, 11:45:40 PM
Quote from: Caid on November 02, 2009, 10:51:14 PM
Fermanagh v Kildare in the qualifiers in 08 was pretty brutal

That match was pure septic. The GAA should have refunded all of us who had to sit through it. A rare Kildare win in Croke Park all the same!

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 02, 2009, 08:26:29 PM
Would you mind listing the laois classics over the last ten years?

Kildare 2-18 Laois 0-9 in this year's Leinster semi-final was a classic as far as I'm concerned

I was a fan of Armagh 2-17 Laois 1-11 in the 2005 quarter final.  :)
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 02, 2009, 11:45:40 PM
Quote from: Caid on November 02, 2009, 10:51:14 PM
Fermanagh v Kildare in the qualifiers in 08 was pretty brutal

That match was pure septic. The GAA should have refunded all of us who had to sit through it. A rare Kildare win in Croke Park all the same!

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 02, 2009, 08:26:29 PM
Would you mind listing the laois classics over the last ten years?

Kildare 2-18 Laois 0-9 in this year's Leinster semi-final was a classic as far as I'm concerned

Not half of a classic as the hammering we gave ye in Croker a few years ago  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

cornafean

Galway v Sligo in CSFC 2002, Galway led by something like 0-14 to nil at half time.

Donegal v Mayo in 1992 AISF as mentioned earlier. Also Donegal 0-20 Cavan 1-6 USFC replay the same year.

2006 AIF was another dud, Mayo's performance was shocking considering the excitement of their win over the Dubs in the semi-final.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

haranguerer

the only ones that get to this level of bad are generally ones involving my own co - any others i'll leave/switch off.

Unfortunately theres been plenty this last while, almost all as a matter of fact.

As mentioned, kildare v fermanagh, unbelievably atrocious,
fermanagh cavan also brutal.
Then kerry cork AI final in 07 (i think it was) - first time getting tickets and heading to an AI final, what a letdown!

btw cornafean, that tagline below your posts is brilliant!!!!

Qwerty28

Sligo v Cork Quarter final a few years back....terrible game, no atmosphere!

THE DADGA

any 3 football matches you can name throughout the history of the gaa. If fact the only time a football match was interesting was when the black and tan's went into croke park and opened fire!!

ONeill

Fermanagh v Kildare 2008 CP. Fell asleep during it and dreamt I was riding Dawn Run.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.