Boston

Started by Caid, November 02, 2009, 05:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drumanee 1

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on November 03, 2009, 01:59:15 PM
had a few mad nights in the kells and kinvara - good pubs

had a few myself,cant ever remember leaving the kells without some thing with me,they were not always models i may say but were most of the time :D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on November 03, 2009, 03:04:11 PM
Quote from: umgolaarmagh on November 03, 2009, 01:59:15 PM
had a few mad nights in the kells and kinvara - good pubs

had a few myself,cant ever remember leaving the kells without some thing with me,they were not always models i may say but were most of the time :D
like the time I woke up with a few models in philly one summer

Mary, joseph, three wise men and a camel all around me

the fcukers I shared the house with had broken into a garage that night (belonging to the local church) and stolen the nativity statues

Drumanee 1

one memory i have of the kells is in 94 i was there watching a world cup match Bulgaria v germany,i was needing a dump big time so i slipped of to the toilet and made myself comfortable when i came back up the stairs four goals had been scored!

leenie

Quote from: Santino on November 03, 2009, 11:58:55 AM
The new Littlest is still a great wee spot.
The owner Paddy Grace is an absolute gent. Had a few nights with him in Feb past there and he's got a story for every occasion. He's everything i wanna be when i hit 70 odd!
Good grub too.

is the times bar still on the go at the bottom of the street?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on November 03, 2009, 03:40:57 PM
one memory i have of the kells is in 94 i was there watching a world cup match Bulgaria v germany,i was needing a dump big time so i slipped of to the toilet and made myself comfortable when i came back up the stairs four goals had been scored!

had a few friends who were out in boston 1994 - 1995 they talk about the kells the whole time. Did you play football out there D1 ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Drumanee 1

Quote from: the Deel Rover on November 03, 2009, 05:11:00 PM
Quote from: Drumanee 1 on November 03, 2009, 03:40:57 PM

had a few friends who were out in boston 1994 - 1995 they talk about the kells the whole time. Did you play football out there D1 ?
just out for the summer,couple of friends were out there playing and i just needed a excuse to go out,had a brillant summer,great city.

Caid

Thanks for all the advice lads.

Cheers
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Caid on November 05, 2009, 08:58:22 PM

Cheers

I knew you'd take my advice  :P

Caid

Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 05, 2009, 09:00:27 PM
Quote from: Caid on November 05, 2009, 08:58:22 PM

Cheers

I knew you'd take my advice  :P

Ha - I knew when I posted it that someone would say that! 
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

wherefromreferee?

A favourite pub crawl 'back in the day' was The Kells on Brighton Ave, round the corner to The Common Ground and finishing off in The Kinvara.

Behans in Jamaica Plain is good.

Ned Kellys or The Banshee in Dorcester.

The Sqealing Pig off Huntington Ave.

Purple Shamrock, Tir Na Nog, Joshua Tree.... you'll not be stuck Caid  :D
In your Endo!

Caid

I arrive tomorrow at 11.15 am.  I leave at 6.30 on Sunday.  Is there anything worth doing apart from going on the lash?

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: Caid on November 06, 2009, 03:11:44 PM
I arrive tomorrow at 11.15 am.  I leave at 6.30 on Sunday.  Is there anything worth doing apart from going on the lash?

No!  ;D

Newbury Street to look at talent and one street away is the John Hanock or Prudential for a view of the city.
In your Endo!

Caid

In Boston train station now about to head back to NYC.  Fitted in plenty of Irish bars in my 30 hours here:

1. Grafton Street
2. Tommy Doyles
3. The Common Ground (the Kells wasn't open at 5 pm on Sat which was weird)
4. Solas
5. Banshee (sat night spot, the barmaid lives down the road from me at home)
6. Banshee (back for the Man U game)
7. JJ Foleys (was quiet on Sunday afternoon but looked like it would be a decent spot)
8. Emmets (my favourite bar of the lot)

Boston is a grand spot.  But it is very queit compared to NYC and is still nowhere near as good as Chicago which is the best of the lot IMO.

How come the Guinness in Boston is so much better than in NYC?  ???  Also I got a bottle of beer here for $3.50 which is deadly value

MW

Quote from: Caid on November 08, 2009, 10:46:40 PM
In Boston train station now about to head back to NYC.  Fitted in plenty of Irish bars in my 30 hours here:

1. Grafton Street
2. Tommy Doyles

Both very good bars (had a few every enjoyable nights in each of them)...little bit of a taxi ride out to Cambridge if you're staying in the city though!

Caid

Quote from: Caid on November 08, 2009, 10:46:40 PM

1. Grafton Street
2. Tommy Doyles
3. The Common Ground (the Kells wasn't open at 5 pm on Sat which was weird)
4. Solas
5. Banshee (sat night spot, the barmaid lives down the road from me at home)
6. Banshee (back for the Man U game)
7. JJ Foleys (was quiet on Sunday afternoon but looked like it would be a decent spot)
8. Emmets (my favourite bar of the lot)

Boston is a grand spot.  But it is very queit compared to NYC and is still nowhere near as good as Chicago which is the best of the lot IMO.

How come the Guinness in Boston is so much better than in NYC?  ???  Also I got a bottle of beer here for $3.50 which is deadly value

Oh yeah - how could i forget - called  into Cheers as well. But no one knew my name  :(