Boston

Started by Caid, November 02, 2009, 05:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caid

Thinking of heading down to Boston for Saturday and Sunday.  Any recommendations for where to stay and where to drink?  Which is the most Irish part of town?
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Caid on November 02, 2009, 05:06:23 PM
Thinking of heading down to Boston for Saturday and Sunday.  Any recommendations for where to stay and where to drink?  Which is the most Irish part of town?

Dorchester

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

longrunsthefox

Cheers  8) great bar with loads of banter. Bar man Sam Malone bit of  a ladies man and waitress Carla is a man eater. Get chating to big Norm and the mad postman Cliff Clavin...mighty men.  It's where you want to go and everybody wants to know your name... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJKtS25F3L0

redhugh

If you've time visit The Burren in Sommerville,just off Davis square (stop after Harvard square on the red line) .Great spot owned by Tommy Peoples with some great music and craic.

muppet

Is the 'Littlest Bar' still there?
MWWSI 2017

redhugh

Quote from: muppet on November 03, 2009, 11:05:04 AM
Is the 'Littlest Bar' still there?

As far as I know the littlest is no more ,great shame as it was such an institution.
The Green briar as mentioned, in Brighton is a great spot and close to Porter Bellies which is another fine spot.

Harold Disgracey

The Littlest has reoppened in Broad Streed, in the financial district. It's not so little now & has decent toilets I believe.

leenie

many a fantastic night and  in was spent in the littlest... they got away with it as long as the could...

the absolute maximum it was meant to hold was 32.... i defo seen 102 in it! monday nights were the best!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Santino

The new Littlest is still a great wee spot.
The owner Paddy Grace is an absolute gent. Had a few nights with him in Feb past there and he's got a story for every occasion. He's everything i wanna be when i hit 70 odd!
Good grub too.

boojangles

If your hitting Dorchester Avenue(its on the T Red line) which is still a big Irish area call in to the Banshee Pub.That would b the Aidan McAnespies clubs local.But you could meet people from anywhere in there.
There are any amount of good Irish bars(if thats what your looking for) on Dorchester Ave.
Although head over towards Brighton and Commonwealth Avenue for the student areas.
It really is a great city for an Irish man,your bound to meet somebody you know. Quincy and Quincy centre have also lots of good Irish bars.Quincy is also on the Red line.

Drumanee 1

is the kells still on the go?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: boojangles on November 03, 2009, 12:23:06 PM
If your hitting Dorchester Avenue(its on the T Red line) which is still a big Irish area call in to the Banshee Pub.That would b the Aidan McAnespies clubs local.But you could meet people from anywhere in there.
There are any amount of good Irish bars(if thats what your looking for) on Dorchester Ave.
Although head over towards Brighton and Commonwealth Avenue for the student areas.
It really is a great city for an Irish man,your bound to meet somebody you know. Quincy and Quincy centre have also lots of good Irish bars.Quincy is also on the Red line.

Agree - go to the banshee
owned by a mayo man and a meath man !
Good lads. Lots of good folk (men and women) there the night I was over (easter a couple of years ago)

umgolaarmagh

had a few mad nights in the kells and kinvara - good pubs