Drink Bargins

Started by Square Ball, October 29, 2009, 09:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

I am amazed at the price of drink in ireland, i just picked up two cases of Charles Shaw wine for
$47.68 cents plus tax, the same in ireland would have cost me over 200 quid.

Feckin madness, i dont know how any of you can afford to live there.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Square Ball

the carlsberg is nice, trust me on that one  ::)
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

muppet

Quote from: stew on November 28, 2009, 12:36:53 AM
I am amazed at the price of drink in ireland, i just picked up two cases of Charles Shaw wine for
$47.68 cents plus tax, the same in ireland would have cost me over 200 quid.

Feckin madness, i dont know how any of you can afford to live there.

It a Californian. Transport costs are a factor, that and the fact that most US wines aren't popular here with France/Italy so close.
MWWSI 2017

comethekingdom

American wines are shite compared to Spanish/French IMO.

john mcgill

Stew, Is that two buck Chuck?

Dougal Maguire

I love to listen to those pretentious tosspots who think they're sophisticated because they drink stuff like Franziskaner or Peroni or Neff or any other of those ponce beers at about £2 per bottle. Me, I'm a bucket of Tennants man and it gives me great enjoyment when I pick it up at 3 cases for £20 when it's on offer, that the aforementioned pretentious tosspots are subsidizing my supping.  Long may it last.
Careful now

muppet

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 28, 2009, 04:24:23 PM
I love to listen to those pretentious tosspots who think they're sophisticated because they drink stuff like Franziskaner or Peroni or Neff or any other of those ponce beers at about £2 per bottle. Me, I'm a bucket of Tennants man and it gives me great enjoyment when I pick it up at 3 cases for £20 when it's on offer, that the aforementioned pretentious tosspots are subsidizing my supping.  Long may it last.

:D :D :D :D

MWWSI 2017

comethekingdom

If you like drinking piss, then tennants will do you fine. You've obviously no appreciation of quality beers.

Dougal Maguire

Well I certainly have no appreciation of the so called quality beer drinkers. It all goes out the one way whether it cost 50p per tin or £2.00. Mind you if you're ever in a supermarket in Italy or France you'll see Tennants standing proudly on the shelves there too and I'm sure that as we speak some sophisticated Italian ponces are discussing how much Peroni and Nastro Azzurro tastes like piss and how the Scots brew such superior beers. It's a funny old world
Careful now

Minder

I had a few bottles of Peroni last week and it was nothing special, one mans piss is another mans champagne.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

5 Sams

Suit yourself Dougal. This pretentious tosspot would rather drink a few bottles of quality chemical free beer made in Germany rather than piss concocted in some lab in Glasgow. No sore head in the morning suits me...and I'll pay more for that if that's what it takes....btw NEFF is an oven...enjoy your bucket of Tennents tonight...classy dude.
The Aristocrat Years

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 28, 2009, 05:39:13 PM
Well I certainly have no appreciation of the so called quality beer drinkers. It all goes out the one way whether it cost 50p per tin or £2.00. Mind you if you're ever in a supermarket in Italy or France you'll see Tennants standing proudly on the shelves there too and I'm sure that as we speak some sophisticated Italian ponces are discussing how much Peroni and Nastro Azzurro tastes like piss and how the Scots brew such superior beers. It's a funny old world

Such piss (literally  :D). It's not so much about how it goes out, we all know that, it's about how it goes in, i.e., if all you care about is alcohol why confuse the issue with taste at all and go straight for the meths? Or why does anyone bother with 'wine-tasting' if the taste is, according to you, irrelevant?

Vivent les Trappistes!

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Dougal Maguire

You're right there Fear. Actually the reason I drink Tennants is simply cos I like the taste. If I'm down south I drink Heineken which has a similar sweet taste. In any case it's not the drink but the company that's the most important. I see you're going to Horslips on Thursday night and sure who knows I could have a pint with you there

5Sams the fact you choose to publicize that you drink 'quality' German bee and indeed pull me up on the spelling of Neff or whatever way its spelt simply reinforces my point about pretentiousness
Careful now

Puckoon

Quote from: john mcgill on November 28, 2009, 03:19:21 PM
Stew, Is that two buck Chuck?

it is indeed John, I was just thinking that. Not worth buying cases off, but not a bad two dollar bottle of wine (especially for a splash of cooking). Favourite red right now is La Cremas Pinot noir. Lubbly stuff.

Been drinking a bit more white this year, great deal on Ferrari cerranos fume blanc in the local grocers $18.99 down to $10.00. So, if yiz are looking for a bargain, scolaris on Robb drive in Reno, Nevada 89523 is the spot to go to.

As for pieroni, I think it's a terrible lager. Give me kronnenberg 64 any day over pieroni. Very watery for want of a more pretentious adjective.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 29, 2009, 10:13:05 AM
I see you're going to Horslips on Thursday night and sure who knows I could have a pint with you there

Sure thing Dougal, I PM'ed you yesterday. Sláinte.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...