Postal Strike

Started by Onion Bag, October 29, 2009, 02:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

What is the craic here, they arent going to get sympathy from me, the whole country is in Economic turmoil and these whores are striking and holding a gun to the countrys head over the post. yes i know they are Post Office are changing their working hours, roles, conditions etc, but in reality whos jobs hasnt really changed since this recession started with redundancies, and cutbacks,

They should be glad to have a job coz i'll you tell you what there are 1000s of people right throughout the UK who would love to have a job,

and another thing there are a lot people out there who are waiting for very important post e.g Hospital apppointments, letters from GPs etc. there has been no consideration given to these people at all

Any opinions?

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

tyrone girl

No real opinion except for the fact its doing my bloody head in at work cos i now have to go to the bother of scanning everything and hoking for stupid insurance company email addresses to send documents cos we aint allowed to post them  >:( >:( >:(

Bensars

I agree. A lot of them have forgotten very quickly that when Crozier came into the job, royal mail were on thier knees with huge annual losses.

In the last stages of a labour government you are going to get the increase in militantcy.  But then again in keeps those in the union in employment.

full back

If they are striking they can obviously afford it as they arent getting paid for it.

They dont want to be modernised ffs ::)
Sooner or later they will go to the wall because of this

No sympathy for them at all

Archie Mitchell

The bastards were the reason my PES 2010 arrived on Monday instead of Friday. Inconsiderate bastards.

pintsofguinness

I'm still waiting for post that was sent to me early september.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Square Ball

the longer this goes on the more companies will turn to other means to get their post out, the Post Office will loose more revenue and parcels and this will result in job losses...
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Square Ball on October 29, 2009, 06:00:52 PM
the longer this goes on the more companies will turn to other means to get their post out, the Post Office will loose more revenue and parcels and this will result in job losses...
Sure they'll just strike to stop the job losses
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Miss Doubtfire

Yeah, I ordered something online - paid £5.95 for next working day delivery, then was told it definitely wouldn't come next working day! A-holes could have told me that to begin with!

Tony Baloney

Where is delboy? He's the official CWU rep to the gaaboard.

Square Ball

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 29, 2009, 07:49:08 PM

On the picket line?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

JUst retired

No sympathy for the feckers at least they have a job. >:( Its better than walking the streets ::)

OK i`m going.

Minder

I was trading at the weekend the CWU top boyos were "lending" each other money from union funds to buy houses. The posties think the public owe them a living.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

delboy

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 29, 2009, 07:49:08 PM

I hear you comrade  ;), where would i even begin in this thread, its more of a f**k them rant thread than a discussion of the issues behind the strike, the other thread on it seemed to die a death.

Windmill abu

Quote[The b**tards were the reason my PES 2010 arrived on Monday instead of Friday. Inconsiderate b**tards./quote]

Quick, copywrite it before Quentin Tarantino uses it as a title for a sequel.
Never underestimate the power of complaining