Spotlight with Wee Willie Winkie

Started by gallsman, October 29, 2009, 01:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Surprised no-one has mentioned this, unless I'm just a tit who can't find the thread. If so, I apologise.

Spotlight on Tuesday night featured the caped crusaders Willie and Jeffrey in their attempt to get compensation from Libya for victims of the IRA. It was then repeated last night.

The jist of the programme appeared to be that Willie is a kind wee soul who has devoted his life to helping IRA victims, particularly in South Armagh. He even took them on a wee drive round Hackballscross and pointed out "The Godfather's" premises.

The show gave a short background on Willie, and he mentioned the death of his father when he was only a young lad, and which point the camera panned to a photo of said father. There was no mention of Frazer the Elder's UVF connections.

When Willie & Jeffrey were asked about compensation for victims of Loyalist and State violence out of a potential "Peace Fund" to be partly (or majority) funded by Libya, they both gave a stock answer that simply amounted to "Prods first".

Hereiam

Never seen it. To tell you the truth I would watch very little of any BBC NI now as I really do believe it has anything to offer me as a viewer.

mackers

Why oh why does this man get the oxygen of publicity? I laughed at the bit where that ugly bird that was presenting the show started roaring across a room at Gaddafi and Willy was outside shouting into a loud hailer at a load of Libyans (politics and debate NI style!!).
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

ziggysego

The BBC..... a cold house for Unionist indeed   
Testing Accessibility

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

I wouldn't be a great fan of wee Jeff or Fraser.  ;)
Tbc....

Bensars

For comic value alone its worth a watch.

orangeman

The best bit on the programme for me was when he was speaking through the loudhaler outside the Whitehouse and there were all these foreign looking people with him and he was shouting about Gadaffi being responsible for all these deaths all over the world, and each time he came out with something there was a roar from the crowd. As he was finishing off his speech there was massive roar from the corwd and in the euphoria the Willie boy forgot himself, couldn't conceal his admiration for Paisley or his bitterness and shouted "NO SURRENDER" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D :D :D :D I nearly pissed myself laughing.

He's getting good money for all this masquerading all the same and when the Libyan money comes through, he'll be quids in again.

The Subbie

Quote from: orangeman on October 29, 2009, 02:41:46 PM
The best bit on the programme for me was when he was speaking through the loudhaler outside the Whitehouse and there were all these foreign looking people with him and he was shouting about Gadaffi being responsible for all these deaths all over the world, and each time he came out with something there was a roar from the crowd. As he was finishing off his speech there was massive roar from the corwd and in the euphoria the Willie boy forgot himself, couldn't conceal his admiration for Paisley or his bitterness and shouted "NO SURRENDER" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D :D :D :D I nearly pissed myself laughing.

He's getting good money for all this masquerading all the same and when the Libyan money comes through, he'll be quids in again.

Aye i thought that bit was pure comedy, with willie unable to stop himself making a complete bell end of himself!! No Surrender indeed.

I would think that the  bar bill for that particular junket was easy dealt with!!

When the BBC reporter was roaring at Ghadaff i thought his wave of pure disdain at the assembled media was hilarious also.

All this show lacked was willie traveling the highroads and by roads in his saracen!!

playwiththewind1st

The other side of the coin would be that the South Africans start coughing up for the damage that their armaments did, but Willie / Jeffrey conveniently forget to mention that issue.

gallsman

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on October 29, 2009, 02:56:53 PM
The other side of the coin would be that the South Africans start coughing up for the damage that their armaments did, but Willie / Jeffrey conveniently forget to mention that issue.

Didn't you get the "Prods first" bit???

Cúig huaire

Instead of compensation for victims of British/Loyalist violence, the families should be allowed to shoot Willie Frazer. They could use a gun imported from South Africa, which should please Wee Willie.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

gallsman

Quote from: Cúig huaire on October 29, 2009, 04:06:54 PM
Instead of compensation for victims of British/Loyalist violence, they families should be allowed to shoot Willie Frazer. They could use a gun imported from South Africa, which should please Wee Willie.

Can they have Jeffrey too?!

Cúig huaire

Quote from: gallsman on October 29, 2009, 04:12:35 PM
Quote from: Cúig huaire on October 29, 2009, 04:06:54 PM
Instead of compensation for victims of British/Loyalist violence, they families should be allowed to shoot Willie Frazer. They could use a gun imported from South Africa, which should please Wee Willie.

Can they have Jeffrey too?!

We`ll throw in Wee Willie McCrae as well.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

Minder

The begging bowl is never too far away in Northern Ireland.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on October 29, 2009, 04:15:43 PM
The begging bowl is never too far away in Northern Ireland.

Exactly. I never realised that in the dictionary the definition of "justice" is "monetary compensation." It was always about the money.