full back

Quote from: CĂșig huaire on October 29, 2009, 04:11:55 PM
McGeeney
McConville
McEnaney

Excellent input ::)
Im starting to think pog wasnt far wrong

stew

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Sandy Hill

Quote from: stew on October 29, 2009, 05:08:48 PM
Paddy Mo
Pat Campbell
McGeeney

stew, I remember well Pat Campbell playing. It was unbelievable the height he could rise for a ball; a great footballer indeed!
"Stercus accidit"

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Sandy Hill on October 29, 2009, 06:16:56 PM
Paddy Mo
Pat Campbell
McGeeney

stew, I remember well Pat Campbell playing. It was unbelievable the height he could rise for a ball; a great footballer indeed!

Must say I've never heard of Pat Campbell  :-[. When did he play and what club was he from?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

stew

Paddy Mo
Pat Campbell
McGeeney

He was  small man as well sandy but they say he has the highest recorded catch in Crokers history, I don't know about that but he was an absolutely brilliant footballer in his day and for me just got the nod over McGrane.

Paddy Mo was a walking legend for Armagh and is the best defensive player I ever saw for Armagh or any other county McGeeney had strength, guile and the leadership qualities that set him apart from all others.

John Corvan for me missed out as he did not play for us long enough however he is the absolute best footballer I ever saw alongside canavan of Tyrone.
Marsden is up there with the best of them as well, a sublime footballer and inspirational player but not good enough to crack the top three imho.

cadhlancian

Dont Know about Pat Campbell, not doubting he was a fantastic football, but to make the top 3 surely you should have been heard of outside of his own county? Not many know or knew off him, whereas everyone knows of the the likes of McGrane, JK etc etc

Orior

Paddy Mo
Oisin McConnville
Kieran McGeeny
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

muppet

Quote from: stew on October 29, 2009, 06:34:50 PM
Paddy Mo
Pat Campbell
McGeeney

He was  small man as well sandy but they say he has the highest recorded catch in Crokers history, I don't know about that but he was an absolutely brilliant footballer in his day and for me just got the nod over McGrane.

Paddy Mo was a walking legend for Armagh and is the best defensive player I ever saw for Armagh or any other county McGeeney had strength, guile and the leadership qualities that set him apart from all others.

John Corvan for me missed out as he did not play for us long enough however he is the absolute best footballer I ever saw alongside canavan of Tyrone.
Marsden is up there with the best of them as well, a sublime footballer and inspirational player but not good enough to crack the top three imho.

Hmmmmmm, how did they record it? He may also have the only recorded catch in Croker.
MWWSI 2017

ardmhachaabu

Paddy Mo
Geezer
Johnny Corvan

If I could go with a fourth choice, it would be Tom McCreesh
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

stew

Quote from: muppet on October 29, 2009, 07:39:37 PM
Paddy Mo
Pat Campbell
McGeeney

Hmmmmmm, how did they record it? He may also have the only recorded catch in Croker.

There are these things called camera's that can record athletic events and other such things, there are tens of thousands of recorded catches in croker.

Aul Armagh heads talk about campbell catching a ball in croker the like of which they had never seen before and some would tell you that it was said to be the highest catch ever recorded there, I didnt see it as I wasnt there obviously but I am only relaying what I was told by Armagh fans over the age of 60, one of whom is an uncle of mine that played alongside Campbell.

thewanderer

Stew u must be a lot older than i thought as pat campbell retired in the sixties or are u referring to the one photo kicking about from the fifties when he played in croke park to make ur judgement. Surely u have to select someone who played on the all-ireland winning team and team of the decade. still nice touch picking a man who started his career as an ogs man. :)

Muhammed McCarthy

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

The Konica

Paddy Moriarty
Oisin McConnville
Kieran McGeeny

muppet

Quote from: stew on October 30, 2009, 07:12:38 AM
Quote from: muppet on October 29, 2009, 07:39:37 PM
Paddy Mo
Pat Campbell
McGeeney

There are these things called camera's that can record athletic events and other such things, there are tens of thousands of recorded catches in croker.

Aul Armagh heads talk about campbell catching a ball in croker the like of which they had never seen before and some would tell you that it was said to be the highest catch ever recorded there, I didnt see it as I wasnt there obviously but I am only relaying what I was told by Armagh fans over the age of 60, one of whom is an uncle of mine that played alongside Campbell.

Stew, a camera takes a picture, records are measured by a tape, scale or a clock. The Gaa is full of myths and legends but this is stretching it.
MWWSI 2017