Nixon sets sights on Aiden O'Shea deal

Started by muppet, October 23, 2009, 09:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyssam5

Not to agree with Indiana, but this is some severely boring shite gentlemen. Elsewhere please.

cornafean

Quote from: Greenabovethered on October 27, 2009, 09:39:32 AM
In fairness, once you leave the Bellaghy limits, you are into Staunch Curry country.

The Bradford of the Wesht?  ;D
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

muppet

Attention all Mayo GaaBoard posters we are moving to Defense Readiness Condition 5.

I repeat we are at DEFCON 5.

That is all.
MWWSI 2017

stephenite

Quote from: tyssam5 on October 27, 2009, 10:34:03 AM
Not to agree with Indiana, but this is some severely boring shite gentlemen. Elsewhere please.

No.

INDIANA

Quote from: stephenite on October 27, 2009, 11:07:32 AM

No.
why not- it has no relevence for this thread.

stephenite

Quote from: INDIANA on October 27, 2009, 11:09:48 AM
Quote from: stephenite on October 27, 2009, 11:07:32 AM

No.
why not- it has no relevence for this thread.

This thread has evolved, naturally into something that's contentious and close to the hearts of many Connacht posters. There's noting to stop you posting your own opinon on the general thrust of the original topic, we'll carry on around you while we feel like it.

Bomber2312

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 27, 2009, 04:38:38 AM

I am not sayin that sligo is unable to produce quality players but the standard of football played in mayo at senior and more revelantly underage is higher. do you think that playing at a higer standard improves a player?

Also not saying that sligo dont have underage aet ups, i think every county is the same but the point i was making is he came through the mayo system, he could have been better commin thru the leitrim system we cant say but the point is, charlestown people/mayo coaches showed him the skills of the game, coached and helped hime!  as someone said earlier if 7 of 15 players are from bellaghy area why arent you going daft to get those players. is it because tom parsons is inter couty standard. Would you care about tom parsons if he wasnt county standard?

Listing off a few players that came thru, and a couple of successful underage teams makes your point any more valiid. ggreat players can cme from anywhere and get to top, dec browne, but the odds say that if dec brown was from kerry he'd have been a better player

Lar Naparka

Quote from: cornafean on October 27, 2009, 10:47:25 AM
In fairness, once you leave the Bellaghy limits, you are into Staunch Curry country.

I like that!
I guess you might need to dumb it down a bit for Sligonian as he's too busy jumping up and down on his soap box to pay attention to anything that has been posted here for him by truly concerned Mayo posters. I think it would be fair to say that many of us are genuinely thinking of his welfare.
I had suggested earlier in this thread that he should start one of his own and stop fluting about in every thread that Mayo posters start up. The same invitation is there for his alter ego to the east of us.
Ballaghadereen has nothing to do with Aidan O'Shea but the possible departure of Aidan O'Shea might spell trouble ahead for Roscommon and every other county that is trying to build an underage structure.

I once joined in on a Sligo thread and I didn't get a positive reception from some of the posters there to put things mildly.
To be fair, two of the long time Sligo members of this board took the trouble to PM me and gave me the information I was looking for but the guy whose post I quoted wanted to know why I was replying to him and another began his answer with, "It wasn't today or yesterday that Nace O'Dowd died..." and went on from there.
I got the message that outsiders weren't welcome and I haven't gone back.

Yet, here we are indulging Sligonian once again. However, I wholeheartedly agree with the majority of the Sligo posters on one issue; they seldom waste time tolerating Sligonian's rants and he invariably gets a flood of invitations to feck off and go bother someone else.
I am asking him to do the very same now and if he wants fun about county orders and parish limits and the differences between civil parishes and RC ones and all that sort of stuff, I'll post a few links for him to have fun with.
In the meantime let's talk about Aidan O'Shea and not Tom Parsons for we know where Tom is likely to be come next season , don't we?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

stephenite

I never, ever tire of having this discussion, and I'll have it anywhere.

Because at the end of the day Ballagh,(as a GAA club) & Ardnaree are in Mayo, and Bellaghy people appear to want their kids playing for Charlestown.

This appear unlikely to change, ever. It's win feckin' win

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 27, 2009, 04:38:38 AM
Quote from: stephenite on October 27, 2009, 02:06:15 AM
Spectator - why would Mayo agree to the founding of a club that goes against the rules of the association. By that logic clubs could set wherever they wanted - there would be anarchy. The GAA operates off it's own set of border rules - always has done.

And for Sligonian - as Ardnaree was formed well after the ruling all those years ago I would imagine they are exempt from that rule - but you might want to seek clarification from your barrister on that.

Why arent st johns exempt so as they would of been formed even longer after the ruling?

Spectator, stephenite alluded to leitrim being corrupted and so have you, why should it brushed under the carpet?

And joe, congrats to charlestown.

Bomber, mayo coaching and development of players is no better than Sligo, we have produced some great players like Nace O Dowd, Mickey Kerins, Eamonn O Hara, Paul Taylor, Dessie Sloyan, David Kelly, mayo have 52 clubs over twice the amount of players we have, its favourly predictable they might produced more quantities based on there pick is it not? We won manning cup in 08, at u16 level, you seem to suggest we have no u15 team, it pretty much the same set up pretty much as mayo with developmental squads at u15 and u17, county teams at u16 and u18. There club championship is good and our county champions beat theres in  08 and in 05. You raise a few other points which make me think you dont know much about this, Bellaghy isnt a club, its Curry they could play for. You also state I cant complain if parents want there kids to play with mayo, at the end of the day loyalty and pride in where your from, is that not important?. If every parent had the same atitude all our players would play with mayo. Parsons could of made the best of himself with Sligo too.

Parsons and the 2 mulligans play for Charlestown are from Bellaghy, and a towey who used to I think, there the first generation that have played for Charlestown. Bellaghy used to be extremely loyal to curry and sligo even in olden days cycling the couple of miles to training. The thing the annoys me most about parsons is his Dad is a staunch Sligoman and his uncle played for Sligo and Tom himself wore the BW as short back as early 2000s supporting Sligo. But in fairness to Tom it might not be his fault he had to play with mayo, he may of wanted to play for Sligo.

The two Mulligan brothers are originally from Church Street Charlestown and moved to a new house in Bellaghy about 10/12 years ago.  Their older brother played for Curry & Sligo u-16 after failing to make the Mayo team. Their family business remains  in the town. I don't think you can claim them. As i understand it Bellaghy is in the Charlestown parish. According to the Curry club centenary book, Bellaghy was coopted to the Curry club in 1955 at their AGM. This is generally ignored by the residents and  apart from 1 or 2 lads that played underage for Sligo (and Curry to complete legalities) who have not made the mayo grade. 

7 of the Charlestown starting 15 live in Bellaghy.

A few wrong statements there, nothing new from mayolads on here. I will correct you, bellaghy existed 600 yrs before Ctown(which has only existed 100+ yrs ago) so how can Bellaghy be in Ctown parish?

When Mayo poached a few players in the past it went to Connacht Council and for once they voted in favour of Sligo, before prentys time ;), then not to be outdone mayo made up some school rule and got it passed and that is how the current crop qualify. In 1955 this was alluded to in Currys book because that was when they ruled in our favour.

The 2 mulligans played for Curry at u14 aswell im told.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 27, 2009, 11:53:21 AM

I like that!
I guess you might need to dumb it down a bit for Sligonian as he's too busy jumping up and down on his soap box to pay attention to anything that has been posted here for him by truly concerned Mayo posters. I think it would be fair to say that many of us are genuinely thinking of his welfare.
I had suggested earlier in this thread that he should start one of his own and stop fluting about in every thread that Mayo posters start up. The same invitation is there for his alter ego to the east of us.
Ballaghadereen has nothing to do with Aidan O'Shea but the possible departure of Aidan O'Shea might spell trouble ahead for Roscommon and every other county that is trying to build an underage structure.

I once joined in on a Sligo thread and I didn't get a positive reception from some of the posters there to put things mildly.
To be fair, two of the long time Sligo members of this board took the trouble to PM me and gave me the information I was looking for but the guy whose post I quoted wanted to know why I was replying to him and another began his answer with, "It wasn't today or yesterday that Nace O'Dowd died..." and went on from there.

Yet, here we are indulging Sligonian once again. However, I wholeheartedly agree with the majority of the Sligo posters on one issue; they seldom waste time tolerating Sligonian's rants and he invariably gets a flood of invitations to feck off and go bother someone else.
I am asking him to do the very same now and if he wants fun about county orders and parish limits and the differences between civil parishes and RC ones and all that sort of stuff, I'll post a few links for him to have fun with.
In the meantime let's talk about Aidan O'Shea and not Tom Parsons for we know where Tom is likely to be come next season , don't we?
Your compatriats have come in on Sligo thread loads of times. Once I mention anything to do with the border.

You say the Sligo posters dont waste there time talking to me or backing me up. Let me tell you I have over 200 PMS that if I were make public would suprise a few people. Whats said there I dont repeat, never have and never will unless its public knowledge, With several of the Sligo posters I have become good friends with. I have asked the question why they dont post on this issue and the answer I get is unversial answer.

The main problem I have is not mayo but Sligo, there are those would not want parsons or bellaghy to play with Curry and its that simple IMO.

Ye mayolads probably think I dont have anyones respect in Sligo and in fact I go as far as say as ye think no one in Sligo takes me seriously especially those in power. I am correct in that assumption mayolads?

muppet

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 27, 2009, 01:42:40 PM

I like that!

Your compatriats have come in on Sligo thread loads of times. Once I mention anything to do with the border.

You say the Sligo posters dont waste there time talking to me or backing me up. Let me tell you I have over 200 PMS that if I were make public would suprise a few people. Whats said there I dont repeat, never have and never will unless its public knowledge, With several of the Sligo posters I have become good friends with. I have asked the question why they dont post on this issue and the answer I get is unversial answer.

The main problem I have is not mayo but Sligo, there are those would not want parsons or bellaghy to play with Curry and its that simple IMO.

Ye mayolads probably think I dont have anyones respect in Sligo and in fact I go as far as say as ye think no one in Sligo takes me seriously especially those in power. I am correct in that assumption mayolads?

Do you speak Sligo Scots?
MWWSI 2017

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 27, 2009, 01:42:40 PM

I like that!

I will make no assumptions. But, like you claim, I have received PMs from Sligo lads who have said a few things about you which you wouldn't like to read. I know if I was from Sligo I'd be mortified by your carry on. Whatever about the apparent principle of the point, your behaviour is embarrassing at times. But I'm not from Sligo so I can just laugh and be grateful we don't have someone like you from inside our great county.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Lar Naparka

Geez, Sligonian, as long as you're around, I'll never need Valium or Librium to fight depression and that's for sure! I can't help it but I feel the need to tune in several times a day to see the latest you've come up with.
I have absolutely nothing personal against you whatsoever and I admire your passion for your beliefs. The fact that I usually don't have a clue what you are on about is irrelevant- I love a trier and you sure keep on trying. Well, you certainly seem to try many peoples' patience anyway.
Seriously, why don't you start up a thread on your favourite topic?
Since you seem all steamed up about history, I might put a few questions to you if you do. I've already asked you if you know the difference between a modern RC parish and an old C of I parish which used to be the civil administration unit in the old Poor Law Union days when the GAA was founded.
If you are willing to stop ranting for long enough, I'd ask you if you could match the modern parish of Charlestown with the old C of I parish of Kilbeagh and I'll give you a hyperlink to an 1835 Ordnance Survey map online so you can check it out for yourself.
In the meantime, you might come up with an answer to the following question:
In 1895, the Collooney-Claremorris railway line was opened; do you think the people who built it were fussed about civil boundaries as they laid the tracks?
Forget about Mohammed going to the mountain or the mountain coming to Mohammed and all that sort of stuff your neighbours out there go on about.
Concentrate on this instead:
Did the railway come to the border or were the boundary lines changed to match the railway line instead?

BTW; I too have been PMd by a number of Sligo lads when I once asked the question, were you for real or was somebody being a WUM? I won't be making the answers public either.  ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

SLIGONIAN

Well RGS, what can I say to that? I guess I have respect of the ones on here that matter. I have to say Id find it strange that some Sligo posters would look to appease you only unless they PMed the rest of the mayolads aswell with there criticisms of me, It wouldnt take a rocket scientist to figure out but what does it say about them? Sneaky, vindictive, sly, etc...would I want to be associated with them. At least im open and honest and have the balls to say what I believe to be true but I aint perfect.

By what carry on would you be mortified by and embarrased by RGS?

Lar in reply to you, problem I have is, I have my beliefs and truths I am stubborn about them but it is my right. We are all trying to be right, we are wanting others to see our point and agree with us, but WE will never agree on these issues, never. And ye can get personal like stephenite, and yourself RGS who are trying to basically go about a more subtle way by trying to diminishing any creditibilty I have on here. Why does it descend to this from ye all of yee? I am focusing on the situation and the people involved but ye focus on me and my characteristics. I dont analyse any of ye or even mention what I think of any of ye. Its irrelevant. Why do ye get personal in these debates every time?