UC 2010: Aontroim vs Tír Eoghain 23rd May, Páirc Mhic Asmaint

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, October 22, 2009, 10:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Is that team confirmed or are we just all taking a Down man's word for it?

I had a feeling both Dooher and O'Neill would start but surprised to see swift and thus i'm asking is team official.
I thought Tommy would miss out

ONeill

Tommy couldn't have been far away. But I'm sure Mickey picked those who were showing up well over the last fortnight. Dooher's last game was an occasion (v Cork) when you thought he'd played one game too many. Amazed he's starting.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 20, 2010, 09:15:47 PM
Is that team confirmed or are we just all taking a Down man's word for it?

I had a feeling both Dooher and O'Neill would start but surprised to see swift and thus i'm asking is team official.
I thought Tommy would miss out

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/8696034.stm

Real1995

Really surprised Kyle Cooney is not starting...Looks like M.H is looking to experience....
Nice guys always finish second!

ONeill

Well, I suppose take out Dooher and how many of them are 30 or over. Just Ricey?

Tyrone by 12

Fuzzman

I think personally think Harte was keen to have Dooher back for another year as he knows he drives others on.
As Joey said in his interview this week that the hunger Dooher shows helps others to kick on and he raises the bar

I'd say Brian loves to prove people wrong and he's probably well aware he wont be able to cover ever blade of grass like he used to but still he leads from the front.

I'm happy with that team especially the forward line and think we could see a good solid performance from these aul fellas.

barelegs

Harte's faith in some of the older players is worrying. He's picked a number of players that have shown no form and a number that have had next to no game time. David Harte, Ricey, Swift and Dooher can consider themselves fortunate to get starts. I hope I'm proven wrong but the decision not to use the younger players will hurt the team in the long run regardless of the result.

Cathal McCarron deserved a start. Forward line looks strong but I don't think I'm the only one with concerns about Dooher starting. We could be badly shown up for pace.

Rois

Hughes and Jordan can't be too far off the 30 mark if they're not already.

omagh_gael

Quote from: hardstation on May 20, 2010, 09:14:49 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on May 20, 2010, 09:13:07 PM
Quote from: ONeill on May 20, 2010, 09:08:09 PM
No new faces - Coney, Harte, McCarron etc -

Thought at least one would get the nod.

A tenner 1st sub is Harte for Dooher.
Tommy McGuigan?

I'd imagine it would be between the two although based on league performances i'd go for Harte.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: barelegs on May 20, 2010, 09:27:57 PM
Harte's faith in some of the older players is worrying. He's picked a number of players that have shown no form and a number that have had next to no game time. David Harte, Ricey, Swift and Dooher can consider themselves fortunate to get starts. I hope I'm proven wrong but the decision not to use the younger players will hurt the team in the long run regardless of the result.

Sean O'Neill must be wondering what he has to do to get a start. Cathal McCarron deserved a start. Forward line looks strong but I don't think I'm the only one with concerns about Dooher starting. We could be badly shown up for pace.

lads your worrying far too much, there are at least 30 other counties that would love to have your players.

Antrim will improve on last years Final and would not be surprised if Mickeys team named is not the way it will line out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Quote from: barelegs on May 20, 2010, 09:27:57 PM
We could be badly shown up for pace.

For me that's the biggie. Antrim are young, confident and fit as feck. Tyrone are simply one year older. Take out Penrose - any pace from 4-15?

Tyrone have undoubtedly more talent. There is no one in the Antrim squad with the natural talent of Cavanagh and O'Neill.

Wee Shea

Quote from: FromAFar on May 20, 2010, 05:45:24 PM
Guys whats the thoughts on Antrims chances in this one? I put £50 on Antrim to win ulster at 33/1 a few weeks ago!

I have £10 on Antrim to win Ulster at 50/1 from February. Thought they were over priced.

Gaffer

Quote from: tyrone86 on May 20, 2010, 09:09:53 PM
Quote from: gerry on May 20, 2010, 09:02:34 PM
is dooher not a gamble starting

By all accounts, Dooher is absolutely flying in training. Whether he can still take the abuse he gets in games or not is a different matter.

How often in the past have you heard that about someone and when the day comes they flop!!

It's like the manager getting the dreaded vote of confidence!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

mylestheslasher

I have a feeling Tyrone will win at a canter. Thought Antrim looked tired against Sligo in the league final after flying in the earlier league games. You'd worry did they peak early and if they can lift it again for this game. Tyrone on the other hand have lots of room to improve.

ONeill

J Finucane, C Brady, A Douglas, K O'Boyle, T Scullion, J Crozier, S Kelly, A Gallagher, B Herron, T O'Neill, K Niblock, J Loughrey, P Cunningham, M McCann, T McCann.

P McConnell, M Swift, Justin McMahon, D Carlin, D Harte, R McMenamin, P Jordan, K Hughes, C Cavanagh, B Dooher, S Cavanagh, Joe McMahon, M Penrose, S O'Neill, O Mulligan.

Are the two weakest lines (on form) here the Tyrone half backs and the Antrim half forwards?

The opposite - Tyrone HF and Antrim HB may well be the strongest/most influential. Will O'Neill (t) be thrown in as sweeper ahead of Cavanagh?

Can Douglas handle O'Neill or will Brady be given the nod after he handled him well in Clones?