UC 2010: Aontroim vs Tír Eoghain 23rd May, Páirc Mhic Asmaint

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, October 22, 2009, 10:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OverThePostsAWide

Milltown Row2

would be bad craic on the county if they are supporting a player who turns out for his club when fixtures are in place for games.
Tir na og is a small club with players mainly dual players.

Baker might have lost the plot on this
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

glens abu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 20, 2010, 02:50:23 PM
would be bad craic on the county if they are supporting a player who turns out for his club when fixtures are in place for games.
Tir na og is a small club with players mainly dual players.

Baker might have lost the plot on this

thats not the reason Milltown

saffron sam2

Quote from: OverThePostsAWide on May 20, 2010, 02:39:20 PM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on May 20, 2010, 01:24:24 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on May 20, 2010, 01:20:13 PM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on May 20, 2010, 01:16:43 PM
SS2 what's the story on Magill....??

Genuinely haven't heard, although I believe he came through the hurling match last night unscathed.

;D

;D indeed. But was this cause or effect?

Effect, I believe. Although you know more than I do.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: OverThePostsAWide on May 20, 2010, 02:33:35 PM
Quote from: Saffrons on May 20, 2010, 01:00:35 PM
Maybe this team selection points towards a previously mentioned extremely defensive approach. Baker seems to really like Terry O'Neill. He's an intelligent player no doubt but I think he is too slow to play against Tyrone as was shown in the final last year. Harte will definitely look to exploit this weakness. Would maybe be better to have Tomás McCann in wing forward and CJ inside, apart from that solid team. One other thing, who would mark Cavanagh if he plays full forward? I presume that O'Boyle will mark Penrose and Brady will mark SON, so that leaves Douglas on Cavanagh. Surely fb is too far for Crozier/Loughrey to drop back. What's the story on Magill?

Yes, +1 on Magill. C'mon, somebody must have the lowdown!

Is there something up with CJ too? Paul McConville in today's Irish News says "...although Bradley is without corner-forward CJ McGourty, while brother Kevin...has not managed to win a place in the starting 15..."

One is referred to as "being without" while the other merely "doesn't start" ???

Baker was quoted during the week as saying that three squad members were down with flu.  Andy McClean appears to be one maybe CJ is one of the others??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: saffron sam2 on May 20, 2010, 03:13:36 PM
Quote from: OverThePostsAWide on May 20, 2010, 02:39:20 PM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on May 20, 2010, 01:24:24 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on May 20, 2010, 01:20:13 PM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on May 20, 2010, 01:16:43 PM
SS2 what's the story on Magill....??

Genuinely haven't heard, although I believe he came through the hurling match last night unscathed.

;D

;D indeed. But was this cause or effect?

Effect, I believe. Although you know more than I do.

Not at all SS2. I was just nodding that I thought your non sequitur was amusing too. Good one.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/8693912.stm

Michael Magill will not be involved in Antrim's Ulster SFC clash against Tyrone on Sunday after being dropped from the Saffron panel.  BBC
Sport has learned that Magill exited from the panel earlier this week after a disciplinary breach.  "Unfortunately for Antrim, Michael was in breach of the code of conduct last weekend," said manager Liam Bradley.   Kevin Niblock, Aodhan Gallagher and Aaron Douglas will all start for the Saffrons on Sunday.  They replace CJ McGourty, Magill and Andy McClean in the starting line-up. Magill may not have been available even if he had not blotted his copybook as he has been bothered by hamstring and quad muscle injuries in recent weeks. Fit-again Niblock takes over from his St Gall's club-mate McGourty in the Saffrons attack.  Brendan Herron has recovered from injury and will start at midfield alongside Gallagher. Andy McClean missed two weeks of training in the early part of this month and while he has been present at this week's sessions, Douglas will start at full-back. Kevin McGourty has not been named in the starting line-up or the subs after rejoining the Antrim panel in recent days but there is speculation that he could yet be added to the bench alongside his brother CJ. John Finucane holds on to the goalkeeping jersey ahead of Sean McGreevy.  Asked about Magill's exclusion from the squad, Bradley added:"The Antrim panel has a code of conduct. "There has been no disagreement as such. "I'm not going to speak about individuals. "I've got more than enough on my plate this week without getting involved in that kind of thing." However, Bradley was happy to speak about other selection issues. "Andy McClean missed two weeks of training with a viral infection and while he did return to training on Monday night, we have decided to go with Aaron Douglas. "We've got two very good goalkeepers and it was a very difficult call.   "Sean McGreevy has been a great servant of Antrim football and I was telling him yesterday that you never know what might happen.  "He was picked for the Donegal game last year but got injured in it and John Finucane came in for the rest of the championship."

Subs: S McGreevy, A McClean, A Healy, D McCann, S Finch, D Gault, K Brady, C Fleming, CJ McGourty, G O'Boyle, P Doherty.

===========================

Interesting last sentence.  Either the quote is made up or Baker has forgotten that Peter Graham was the keeper last year

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on May 20, 2010, 05:06:35 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/8693912.stm

Michael Magill will not be involved in Antrim's Ulster SFC clash against Tyrone on Sunday after being dropped from the Saffron panel.  BBC
Sport has learned that Magill exited from the panel earlier this week after a disciplinary breach.  "Unfortunately for Antrim, Michael was in breach of the code of conduct last weekend," said manager Liam Bradley.   Kevin Niblock, Aodhan Gallagher and Aaron Douglas will all start for the Saffrons on Sunday.  They replace CJ McGourty, Magill and Andy McClean in the starting line-up. Magill may not have been available even if he had not blotted his copybook as he has been bothered by hamstring and quad muscle injuries in recent weeks. Fit-again Niblock takes over from his St Gall's club-mate McGourty in the Saffrons attack.  Brendan Herron has recovered from injury and will start at midfield alongside Gallagher. Andy McClean missed two weeks of training in the early part of this month and while he has been present at this week's sessions, Douglas will start at full-back. Kevin McGourty has not been named in the starting line-up or the subs after rejoining the Antrim panel in recent days but there is speculation that he could yet be added to the bench alongside his brother CJ. John Finucane holds on to the goalkeeping jersey ahead of Sean McGreevy.  Asked about Magill's exclusion from the squad, Bradley added:"The Antrim panel has a code of conduct. "There has been no disagreement as such. "I'm not going to speak about individuals. "I've got more than enough on my plate this week without getting involved in that kind of thing." However, Bradley was happy to speak about other selection issues. "Andy McClean missed two weeks of training with a viral infection and while he did return to training on Monday night, we have decided to go with Aaron Douglas. "We've got two very good goalkeepers and it was a very difficult call.   "Sean McGreevy has been a great servant of Antrim football and I was telling him yesterday that you never know what might happen.  "He was picked for the Donegal game last year but got injured in it and John Finucane came in for the rest of the championship."

Subs: S McGreevy, A McClean, A Healy, D McCann, S Finch, D Gault, K Brady, C Fleming, CJ McGourty, G O'Boyle, P Doherty.

===========================

Interesting last sentence.  Either the quote is made up or Baker has forgotten that Peter Graham was the keeper last year

Atticus...is that you??

FromAFar

Guys whats the thoughts on Antrims chances in this one? I put £50 on Antrim to win ulster at 33/1 a few weeks ago!

Fuzzman

Fromafar

Have you any more fifties to spare?

What time will we get Tyrone team at?

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

stew

Quote from: FromAFar on May 20, 2010, 05:45:24 PM
Guys whats the thoughts on Antrims chances in this one? I put £50 on Antrim to win ulster at 33/1 a few weeks ago!

Antrim might win this one, the other crowd are aging, have too many miles on the clock and are overconfident.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: stew on May 20, 2010, 08:25:08 PM
Quote from: FromAFar on May 20, 2010, 05:45:24 PM

Antrim might win this one, the other crowd are aging, have too many miles on the clock and are overconfident.

A handy 50 for the bookie ;)

ONeill

1 A Skelton | 2 J Mallon | 3 K McGarvey | 4 J Lynch | 5 K McCabe | 6 N McGinn | 7 P Ball | 8 P Donaghy | 9 H McClure | 10 M McClure | 11 E McKenna (Cap.) | 12 S McNally | 13 M Mallon | 14 D O'Hagan | 15 P Quinn  Subs:S Conway, S Rice, A O'Hagan,

Just waiting....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

1 F McConnell | 2 P Devlin | 3 C Lawn | 4 F Devlin | 5 R McGarrity | 6 S McCallen | 7 S McLaughlin | 8 F Logan | 9 J Gormley | 10 C Corr (cap.) | 11 Pascal Canavan | 12 C Loughran | 13 C McBride | 14 Peter Canavan | 15 S Lawn
Subs: B Gormley, P Donnelly, M McGleenan, A Cush, D Gormley

Waiting....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.