UC 2010: Aontroim vs Tír Eoghain 23rd May, Páirc Mhic Asmaint

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, October 22, 2009, 10:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: hardstation on May 12, 2010, 09:46:46 PM
This is shaping up to be one of the biggest ever gaaboard gatherings.

It'll not happen.

Yes, it will all end in tears when Hardstation chickens out of introducing herself.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Zapatista on May 12, 2010, 05:32:47 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 09, 2010, 08:47:57 PM
Before Sligo game I'd have thought Antrim were in with a bit of a chance but after seeing that Tyrone could put out a B-team and beat them. In Ulster final last year was over after 15 minutes... is a massive gap between the two counties.

Yet Antrim went on to take Kerry to the wire while Tyrone were hammered by Cork.

...and?  Kerry were crap until they got to the Dublin game. Sligo should beaten them. That means nothing... Tyrone V Antrim a total mis-match as it will be next week.

Zapatista

Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 12, 2010, 10:22:23 PM
Before Sligo game I'd have thought Antrim were in with a bit of a chance but after seeing that Tyrone could put out a B-team and beat them. In Ulster final last year was over after 15 minutes... is a massive gap between the two counties.

Yet Antrim went on to take Kerry to the wire while Tyrone were hammered by Cork.

...and?  Kerry were crap until they got to the Dublin game. Sligo should beaten them. That means nothing... Tyrone V Antrim a total mis-match as it will be next week.

Just saying isall. I actually agree with ye ;)

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Zapatista on May 12, 2010, 10:25:14 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 12, 2010, 10:22:23 PM

Just saying isall. I actually agree with ye ;)

Oh!! no problem  :P

saffron sam2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 12, 2010, 04:32:29 PM
Quote from: ONeill on May 11, 2010, 11:41:33 PM
Day pass secured.

now when you head into Casement's bar, turn right and I'll be propping up the bar. usually get a pint quick enough!!! bring Saffron and i'll buy him a pint also, bury the hatchet and all that ::)

Knowing you, you'll probably try to bury it in my head :)

And miss with that big agricultural swing of yours. :)

I shall be about that day alright, but it's looking like Fruithill.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

SLIGONIAN

Antrim and Sligo improved alot after the league last yr, that div4 final was rubbish and we didnt do to bad after that. Championship is completely different. Antrim are home, and i cant see them rolling over. Tyrone arent as good as previous yrs imo... personnally like to see Antrim win, being underdogs. Cant see it being anything other than a seriously tight match.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Orior

Quote from: hardstation on May 12, 2010, 11:47:08 PM
The fruits:
Mysel'
Fuzzman
FoSB
Saffron Sam
ONeill

Maybes:
Milltown Row
Gabriel Hurl (was talking a good game earlier in the year)
Tyrone's Own (Undecided)

Anyone else?

Include me in

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: hardstation on May 12, 2010, 11:47:08 PM
The fruits:
Mysel'
Fuzzman
FoSB
Saffron Sam
ONeill

Maybes:
Milltown Row
Gabriel Hurl (was talking a good game earlier in the year)
Tyrone's Own (Undecided)

Anyone else?

Definitley going...dunno about the pinting, I've a long drive home...maybe a very small Campari and Soda to take the bad look off hardstation
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

nrico2006

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 13, 2010, 12:41:17 AM
Antrim and Sligo improved alot after the league last yr, that div4 final was rubbish and we didnt do to bad after that. Championship is completely different. Antrim are home, and i cant see them rolling over. Tyrone arent as good as previous yrs imo... personnally like to see Antrim win, being underdogs. Cant see it being anything other than a seriously tight match.

I don't know what to expect from Tyrone given the players that will be missing through injury and lack of game time to the players who have missed most of the league and are returning from injury.  Maybe it could give fringe players like Sean O'Neill and Carlin a chance to stake a claim for a more permanent position, and the one thing the like of these two have in their armoury is pace which is what we seem to be missing with Gormley and Davey Harte in the team.  What the story with CmcC?  Really would have liked to see him get more game time during the league and prime him for a run at the Number 11 position which he played so wee in 2008.   
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

saffron sam2

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Wee Roddy

How many times have I to f**king say this. Conor Gormley is not slow!!! He is faster than Justin McMahon, Philip Jordan, Ricey, Joe McMahon to name but a few who you lot all think are better defenders than Gormley because he has lost a yard of pace. I would bet that he is faster than Sean O'Neill too infact.

Orior

Quote from: Wee Roddy on May 13, 2010, 10:15:02 AM
How many times have I to f**king say this. Conor Gormley is not slow!!! He is faster than Justin McMahon, Philip Jordan, Ricey, Joe McMahon to name but a few who you lot all think are better defenders than Gormley because he has lost a yard of pace. I would bet that he is faster than Sean O'Neill too infact.

I seem to remember Ronan Clarke skipping around him easy last year, and Gormleys's only defence was to pull him down.

Zapatista

Quote from: Wee Roddy on May 13, 2010, 10:15:02 AM

I seiously doubt he is faster than Sean O'Neill. There are very few who can carry a ball as fast as Sean O'Neill.

Wee Roddy

Clarke didnt skip round him because of speed. Gormley won that battle against Clarke last year according to every paper and pundit. Even the great Seamus Monaghan couldnt keep Clarke quiet and him only a cub at the time.