UC 2010: Aontroim vs Tír Eoghain 23rd May, Páirc Mhic Asmaint

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, October 22, 2009, 10:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jodyb

give her dixie

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

ross4life

Almost a repeat of last years ulster final, will be interesting to see how Antrim will fare in the qualifiers & it's Armagh or Tyrone for ulster again this year for the 12th time in a row
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Schkite

Quote from: ross4life on May 23, 2010, 05:39:13 PM
Almost a repeat of last years ulster final, will be interesting to see how Antrim will fare in the qualifiers & it's Armagh or Tyrone for ulster again this year for the 12th time in a row

Why, do you think Antrim were the biggest threat to break that hold?

ExiledGael

Quote from: jodyb on May 23, 2010, 05:35:57 PM
Joe talkin sh!te as usual :-[

Brolly? What's his verdict.
Colm Cavanagh was superb first half and Kevin Hughes looked very fit throughout. O'Neill hit some trademark ridiculous scores.
Kevin Niblock must have been close to man of the match.

Carmen Stateside

Better performance from Antrim second half, Kevin Mc Gourty changed things round the middle when he came on.
Thought Mickey had made the changes a little early but job done and a few things that can be improved on.  Heat must have been playing a part today?
Justin Mc Mahon deserved MOTM

ross4life

Quote from: Schkite on May 23, 2010, 05:45:05 PM

No but I'm not sure who would be the biggest threat Donegal maybe?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

J70

Quote from: ross4life on May 23, 2010, 05:54:06 PM

Doubtful. Asuming we get past Down, we could beat one of them, but putting two such performances together is always a step too far for Donegal!

Tyrone or Armagh again, for certain.

Armaghgeddon

Disagree. However I dont think Tyrone will win it. They looked tired in the second half. If they played a team that could play the blanket defence in the second half today, they would have found it extremerly difficult to register scores. Dooher should now be used as an impact sub for Tyrone, he really didnt look that good today. If Antrim played in the first half instead of being a walk over it would have been hell of a lot tighter contest.

If Armagh beat Monagha, there will definitely be a new Ulster champion this year.

Bogball XV

I don't think there's much between Down, Monaghan, Donegal and Armagh, Monaghan maybe the pick of that bunch?

SLIGONIAN

Youd have to question Antrims mentality after that. Any team that voluntarly go 6-9 pts(imo they didnt have the bottle to go for it thats why it had challenge match intensity) down and then only start playing are cowards, show some courage. They only started playing when the game was lost. Id agree with Brolly too, near the end they had a few overlaps for goal chances and tapped over the bar, total cop out, as brolly said you may aswell wave the white flag.

The defending by antrim in the 1st half was a mess, the amount of times the defenders coming out with the ball ran into tackles and got dispossed was beyond a joke, people going on about mulligans goal, i thought the 2 antrim defenders handed it to him on gold platter but credit him for the finish.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

jodyb

Quote from: ExiledGael on May 23, 2010, 05:51:10 PM
Quote from: jodyb on May 23, 2010, 05:35:57 PM
Joe talkin sh!te as usual :-[

Brolly? What's his verdict.
Colm Cavanagh was superb first half and Kevin Hughes looked very fit throughout. O'Neill hit some trademark ridiculous scores.
Kevin Niblock must have been close to man of the match.
In fairness his analysis was fair enough. Reflecting a lot of whats already being said here bout Tyrone slowing up in second half, but stayin in control. But my real issue is that he never uses 1 word when 20 will do. He waffles on bout crossing swords and prowess and swagger, when he could just analyse the fckin game.

jodyb

Quote from: Bogball XV on May 23, 2010, 06:04:26 PM

I don't think there's much between Down, Monaghan, Donegal and Armagh, Monaghan maybe the pick of that bunch?

I'd go along with that. If Monaghan dirty it up, as i would expect them to, and beat Armagh, they could well win ulster. I think Antrim were overawed again in the first 20 mins of 1st half today. Nobody in ulster overawe monaghan. They'll niggle the fck out of any of them.

Puckoon

Did Joe Brolly have a freudian slip when he said that Tyrone had neutered Paddy Cunningham!? Maybe he meant neutralised...

Probably not.

Puckoon

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 23, 2010, 06:05:36 PM
Youd have to question Antrims mentality after that. Any team that voluntarly go 6-9 pts(imo they didnt have the bottle to go for it thats why it had challenge match intensity) down and then only start playing are cowards, show some courage. They only started playing when the game was lost. Id agree with Brolly too, near the end they had a few overlaps for goal chances and tapped over the bar, total cop out, as brolly said you may aswell wave the white flag.

The defending by antrim in the 1st half was a mess, the amount of times the defenders coming out with the ball ran into tackles and got dispossed was beyond a joke, people going on about mulligans goal, i thought the 2 antrim defenders handed it to him on gold platter but credit him for the finish.

Sligonian I know you shoot from the hip - but go and have a think about the stupidity and insulting nature of this post.