Pipe bomb attack on TA base in N Belfast

Started by omagh_gael, October 22, 2009, 04:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

These gobshites are determined to ruin all the good work over the last decade, bollock's the lot of them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8320144.stm

Doogie Browser

Their last two targets seem to have been symbolic in nature, i.e. 'we can get anywhere we like'

boojangles

What do these fuckwits want?? The British Army back on the streets? Id love to know,because it definitely ain't gonna bring about a United Ireland.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Was laying in bed last night and I heard this, initially thought it was a firework going off outside the house, bomb crossed my mind then I laughed and said not likely!
Tbc....

High Wide and Handsome

Definately dont think these things do much good in their ultimate goal of have a 32 county entity but dont take the British media swing on these things as gospel. Probably was a firework.
"Swing er over!"

Evil Genius

Quote from: High Wide and Handsome on October 22, 2009, 05:32:44 PM
Probably was a firework.
Why would anyone risk, say, 5 years in jail for a firework?

And unless GDA lives next door to the TA base, it would have been a hell of a banger for it to sound like it was outside his house.

Come to think of it, if it was a simple firework, why would a local SF Councillor state that it was  "reckless and endangered families living nearby"?

How difficult is it for people to accept that there are still vermin around who are desperate to kill soldiers and police etc and drag us all back into the Dark Ages of our recent past?
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Maguire01

Definately dont think these things do much good in their ultimate goal of have a 32 county entity but dont take the British media swing on these things as gospel. Probably was a firework.
What about the Irish media then, because they seem to be eporting the same story?

boojangles

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 22, 2009, 06:47:45 PM
What about the Irish media then, because they seem to be eporting the same story?

Id probably believe the BBC before them.
It may not have been a bomb but a firework,come on now.

High Wide and Handsome

Quote from: boojangles on October 22, 2009, 06:59:26 PM

Yeah I know it 99 times out of 100 wouldnt be a firework. What I meant to put across is that most things media puts forward is exagerated, especially in terms of northern irish troubles.
"Swing er over!"

Maguire01

Quote from: boojangles on October 22, 2009, 06:59:26 PM

I suppose it depends to some extent on your view of what constitutes a bomb.