Mice

Started by fitzroyalty, October 20, 2009, 11:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: 3000 miles away on October 21, 2009, 03:59:06 AM
Dont get a cat, its a proven fact that cats attract rats, and wat ever trouble the wee mouse might give ya u dont want any of them floatin about the house, get a half a slice of bacon fry it on the pan and stick it in the trap, set the trap  properly that the pin is at the very edge on the snap-off because someimes they can be too long, if that is done properly round half an hour after u go to bed u will be woke by SNAP, and thats the problem ended, keep the back door shut for jasus sake.

I've heard of rats with toxoplasmosis losing their fear of cats (or more specifically cat urine), which is a nice evolutionary strategy to facilitate the parasite being passed on to its primary host, but otherwise rats are afraid of cats and will avoid them at all costs.

tyrone girl

Oh jaysus im big time scared of mice - hate them with a passion. Was talking in the house the other day saying how come we have never had bother with mice an that , espec as we have river running at the back of the house - id have thought that would attract them and rats. So then my sisters husband says sure wasnt there a load of them in here last year - i nearly choked - said as long as there were none near my bedroom - they all looked at each other and burst out laughing  >:( there had apparently been 3 caught in my room and i had never known  :'( - makes me sick thinking of it - i be panicking every noise i hear now

Farrandeelin

Mice... they're only small little animals tyrone girl. It's rats I'm afraid of and they do damage... the little f**kers! >:(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Agnes Dipesto

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 21, 2009, 01:30:03 AM
I have the wee f**kers in the attic. How are they getting there? I don't know a f**k.

A friend was telling me the house she shared was over run by mice and they had to get pest control out. He told them that mice can squeeze through openings the width of a biro.

armaghniac

Mice come indoors at this time of year when it is getting colder. They can squeeze into very small spaces. Around this time a couple of years ago I spotted on in the kitchen, the fecker ran under the microwave, which I would hardly have thought possible,
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Agnes Dipesto

Quote from: armaghniac on October 21, 2009, 01:10:32 PM
Mice come indoors at this time of year when it is getting colder. They can squeeze into very small spaces. Around this time a couple of years ago I spotted on in the kitchen, the fecker ran under the microwave, which I would hardly have thought possible,

They have no backbone so can squeeze under the smallest spaces.

lurganblue

glue is the only way to go fitz. but it will more than likely mean you having to kill the thing once its stuck.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: lurganblue on October 21, 2009, 01:14:01 PM
glue is the only way to go fitz. but it will more than likely mean you having to kill the thing once its stuck.
was/still am using glue but he outwitted me. actually saw him sniff it and then run off. have the traditional trap primed with milky way, hopefully get him tonight  :)

illdecide

Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 21, 2009, 01:48:54 PM
was/still am using glue but he outwitted me. actually saw him sniff it and then run off. have the traditional trap primed with milky way, hopefully get him tonight  :)

He ran off cause he was high..."glue sniffing bastid". Jasus Fitz your one big wus, whip your c**k out and beat it over the head FFS (thats the mouse i'm talking about ;))
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

fitzroyalty

Quote from: illdecide on October 21, 2009, 02:09:50 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 21, 2009, 01:48:54 PM

He ran off cause he was high..."glue sniffing bastid". Jasus Fitz your one big wus, whip your c**k out and beat it over the head FFS (thats the mouse i'm talking about ;))
lol i'll bring round to your house and shove it down ur throat

fitzroyalty

I'm on about the mouse btw incase you get your hopes up  :-*  :D

illdecide

Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 21, 2009, 02:57:04 PM
I'm on about the mouse btw incase you get your hopes up  :-*  :D

:D :D :D V good Fitz...thought i was in there.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

5 Sams

Just wondering lads.......if you had a dog in the house would that keep the wee fcukers out??
The Aristocrat Years

Main Street

Dogs are feck all use when it comes to mice.
I just might go the cat route, but I'm a dog man and not partial to having a cat.
I live in a isolated house surrounded by a fertile thriving mouse colony.

Years ago I started out humane, just used devices that trapped rather than killed.
I let my daughter accompany me as we drove with the trapped mouse and let her free it into the wild. 
She has no fear of mice now, instead she gets hysterical about a fecking spider.
Whereas she could be confronted with a mouse in the kitchen and exclaim, "isn't she cute".

My present favoured trap is called the Supercat

I have about 15 of these around the outside walls of the house.
This season after 6 weeks, I have about 70 or 80 kills.
So far, not one mouse has made it inside the house.
Stretching the spring wire each time you set it, keeps the trap primed for action.
Sometimes the cheeky mouse gets partially trapped and escapes with the trap.
I recovered one such trap after a year and it functions as new.

Life is not worth living if you have a woman petrified of these harmless creatures and they are running around the house or the attic.

lurganblue

Quote from: Main Street on October 21, 2009, 03:11:37 PM
Dogs are feck all use when it comes to mice.
I just might go the cat route, but I'm a dog man and not partial to having a cat.
I live in a isolated house surrounded by a fertile thriving mouse colony.

Years ago I started out humane, just used devices that trapped rather than killed.
I let my daughter accompany me as we drove with the trapped mouse and let her free it into the wild. 
She has no fear of mice now, instead she gets hysterical about a fecking spider.
Whereas she could be confronted with a mouse in the kitchen and exclaim, "isn't she cute".

My present favoured trap is called the Supercat

I have about 15 of these around the outside walls of the house.
This season after 6 weeks, I have about 70 or 80 kills.
So far, not one mouse has made it inside the house.
Stretching the spring wire each time you set it, keeps the trap primed for action.
Sometimes the cheeky mouse gets partially trapped and escapes with the trap.
I recovered one such trap after a year and it functions as new.

Life is not worth living if you have a woman petrified of these harmless creatures and they are running around the house or the attic.

that would do my head it. the great white hunter...

ever think of moving?